Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Laptop for my needs?

Hello! I am wondering what I should get for my next laptop (my trusty laptop just died). I am looking for a thin and light ultra book. I like the razer blade stealth, but I have heard razer build quality is abysmal. Budget is $900 and screen size is 15" max. Thanks! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

just looking at your name get a mac

 

 

jk

i don't actually know what you should get, i'm just passing by

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Generic Apple Hater said:

Hello! I am wondering what I should get for my next laptop (my trusty laptop just died). I am looking for a thin and light ultra book. I like the razer blade stealth, but I have heard razer build quality is abysmal. Budget is $900 and screen size is 15" max. Thanks! 

Lenovo IdeaPads are very nice, good balance of price vs performance.

 

Not sure all the deals going on now, I'm sure things are popping daily.

Emma : i9 9900K 5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID 0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Corsair Virtuoso SE - Logitech G910, G502 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Samsung 27" + Dell 24" 

 

Raven:  Intel i3 10100F - ASRock H410M-HDV - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2666Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Inland 256GB SSD + Toshiba 2TB HDD - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Spectre 24" 

 

Other Tech:

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DatSniper said:

just looking at your name get a mac

 

 

jk

i don't actually know what you should get, i'm just passing by

Yeah, I don't actually HATE macs, I just strongly dislike the hardware, macOS is nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

Lenovo IdeaPads are very nice, good balance of price vs performance.

 

Not sure all the deals going on now, I'm sure things are popping daily.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Generic Apple Hater said:

I am looking for a thin and light ultra book

Where are you from? Usage? Any preference on weight and battery life? 13-15 inch is fine for you?

My Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Nvidia RTX3060Ti 8GB PNY XLR8 Gaming Epic-X RGB 16GB (8X2) 3200MHz CL16 Team Group MP33 Pro 1TB
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT White Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX Tecware Forge M2 mATX White Case Montech Century 650W Gold

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Where are you from? Usage? Any preference on weight and battery life? 13-15 inch is fine for you?

I am in the US, anything from web browsing to coding to running VMs, my workload is very varied. 13-15 is fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Generic Apple Hater said:

I am in the US, anything from web browsing to coding to running VMs, my workload is very varied. 13-15 is fine.

No preference on weight and battery life?

My Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Nvidia RTX3060Ti 8GB PNY XLR8 Gaming Epic-X RGB 16GB (8X2) 3200MHz CL16 Team Group MP33 Pro 1TB
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT White Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX Tecware Forge M2 mATX White Case Montech Century 650W Gold

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×