Sold working processor, now the guy says it doesn't work

4 hours ago, Bynming said:

Well to those of you who may be interested, I contacted Newegg for a RMA, they gave me a shipping label, I gave it to him, he shipped it back and they accepted it. I don't know what that suggests, they determined it was defective and not because someone broke it? Or maybe they just didn't test it? Either way, they shipped a new one, he's had it for a few hours and I haven't heard back. All should be well.

Bit of a hassle but everyone is happy. Not sure what happened with the CPU but yeah I'm done.

Glad it worked out.  In my experience, if they do test RA'd items, they don't follow up with it, they just resell probably as refurbished.  I RA'd a graphics card I thought was defective, turns out the replacement did the same thing and I figured out the problem a few days after receiving the new one.  It's not worth their time in the end, you got a functioning product, and if they got a broken product they'll send it back to the manufacturer, if they got a functioning product back they'll just resell it.  No harm, no foul.