Evolv Shift Hardline Build

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anybody can see any compatibility issues with my build, Mostly with the water-cooled side. I am trying to build a custom hardline loop in the Phanteks Evolv Shift (Non-X), I want to cool the graphics and the CPU with two 120mm rads. I have seen this done but not quite in the way that I want to do it. I am looking to fit a pump and a reservoir in this tiny SFF case and I believe it is possible.

Heres the specs;

Phanteks Evolv Shift

Asus Z370 I Gaming

I7 8700

Strix 1070

Trident z RGB 3600Mhz 8Gb x2

Corsair SF450

970 EVO 250Gb x2

850 EVO 1Tb

EK ASUS 1070 Waterblock Nickel/Glass

EK ASUS Z370 Monoblock Nickel/Glass

EK Coolstream SE 120mm Rad x2

Noctua NF-P12 x2/3

EK XTOP REVO D5 RGB PWM

EK RES X3 150 RGB

Fittings/Tubing

I believe that I can fit the pump at the bottom of the case and the reservoir at the top left near the MB? Heres some ideas;

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/phanteks-evolv-shift-custom-loop.3430/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tmr9LKtbF0

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/QzkdnQ

Any help is greatly appreciated, also could you determine the types of fittings/tubing and amounts I would need?

Idk much about custom water cooling, but for your build you might as well get a h370 or b360 motherboard since you have a locked chip, and unless you are going to be doing stuff that requires fast speed ram, just get 3000Mhz. Intel processors do not function better or worse depending on the ram speed, but the lowest I would go is 2666

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

1 minute ago, lmeneses said:

Idk much about custom water cooling, but for your build you might as well get a h370 or b360 motherboard since you have a locked chip, and unless you are going to be doing stuff that requires fast speed ram, just get 3000Mhz. Intel processors do not function better or worse depending on the ram speed, but the lowest I would go is 2666

There are a few reasons I chose this board;

The dual m.2 slots

The RGB header

The general Aesthetic

Its ASUS so compatibility with the RGB ram

The network output is on a cable (normal ones would not fit the case.)

RGB USB3... you get the point.

Do you know of any good H370 or B360's that have some of these features? When I originally planned the build I was looking at the 8700k but I decided that would be too hard on two 120mm rads which are also cooling a GPU??

2 minutes ago, Dimitri Donkov said:

Do you know of any good H370 or B360's that have some of these features? When I originally planned the build I was looking at the 8700k but I decided that would be too hard on two 120mm rads which are also cooling a GPU??

Ah, I see and ^

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

i have this case, and am planning my own hardline build in it, And i think unless you get a d5/res combo the innards of the case make it real hard to arrange just nicely.  

1 minute ago, Neo-revo said:

i have this case, and am planning my own hardline build in it, And i think unless you get a d5/res combo the innards of the case make it real hard to arrange just nicely.  

Would you advise building the pc without water cooling first?

the case is designed for AIO's in mind.   i will be modding mine,  but a lot of reviews state complications on putting any old 120mm rad in,

it is certainly possible to use a d5 and cram a res in some where, but i think a combo unit is a better bet for asthetics.

if you have the monoblock and gpu block already installed, get them in the case and see how much room you have to work with including bends and stuff.

with out mods this case had very little room to work with.

I have a build in the Shift X with a D5 Res combo. Its bigger than you think with the mounting. Rather go with a DDC.

temps will be very high with your setup. Ever considered a LianLi OS 6s? Looks nice an has more Room for water cooling

7 hours ago, kurt kurtson said:

I have a build in the Shift X with a D5 Res combo. Its bigger than you think with the mounting. Rather go with a DDC.

temps will be very high with your setup. Ever considered a LianLi OS 6s? Looks nice an has more Room for water cooling

thats why i was also considering the xspc ion pump unit. and im not using the X, just the shift, yes i am crazy, i will make it work

I have this case, and i will use it but i will not likely use AIO or 120mm, maybe 1 120mm rad. we will see what i go with in the end

• 3 months later...

Hello, I also want to make a build with this case. Have you guys figured out how to put everything inside it?
If you did please send pictures/videos.