Mini ITX Build

DetectiveKFC

This is just to get some Ideas from you guys and any criticism on the parts that I have chosen.  This is just a plan and may be built some time in the summer.

Specs:

CPU -  i5 4670k

RAM - 16gb Corsair Vengance 2x8

Motherboard - EVGA Z87 Stinger

PSU - In the Case 500W\

Case - EVGA Hadron

Graphics card - EVGA GTX 780

Cooling - Corsair H80i -Got

Fans - Corsair SP120

Monitors - BenQ XL2420TE x 3

Headset -  Logitech G930 -Got

Speakers - Corsair SP2500

Keyboard - Qpad MK-80 -Got

GamePad - Razer Nostromo -Got

Mouse - MadCatz Rat 5 -Got

i posted one of these a few weeks ago and got told to plan my build 3 days before I go buy the parts, sorry just had to pass on advice ive been given from the pro's

1. 780 isn't going to power 3x 1080p. 2. You can't fit the H100i in the hadron unless you mod it. 3. The Evga stinger isn't that great compraded to a Impact. 4. Why spend 2.4 k and get an i5? Also that ram is overpreiced. 

1. 780 isn't going to power 3x 1080p. 2. You can't fit the H100i in the hadron unless you mod it. 3. The Evga stinger isn't that great compraded to a Impact. 4. Why spend 2.4 k and get an i5? Also that ram is overpreiced.

it will power them, not the best for gaming on all 3 of them. That's write the h100i does not fit. That's 2.4k for a hole setup, including 3monitors so

Well for one if you are not video editing the I7 is just there for the penis extension, in games the I5 and I7 perform the exact same.

Don't get an EVGA motherboard, their glory days are well over, I know they made great boards in the X58 days, but their new motherboards are just bad, plagued with BIOS issues and such. 

Get an ASUS Z87i Deluxe, better board, much cheaper. Or even the Maximus VI Impact, but that's expensive. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Well for one if you are not video editing the I7 is just there for the penis extension, in games the I5 and I7 perform the exact same.

That is the best description of an i7 I've ever seen.  I'll have to use this

Don't get an EVGA motherboard, their glory days are well over, I know they made great boards in the X58 days, but their new motherboards are just bad, plagued with BIOS issues and such. 

Get an ASUS Z87i Deluxe, better board, much cheaper. Or even the Maximus VI Impact, but that's expensive. 

Agreed EVGA motherboards aren't what they used to be, however they are still superb.  I have a friend that has one and I love it (I was the one that went into the BIOS to tweak settings)

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

You should probably have posted this in planning not build logs.

Not going to play next gen title with 3 displays on a single 780. You'll need SLI for more future proofing. And ur building the system into a mITX? 

Not going to play next gen title with 3 displays on a single 780. You'll need SLI for more future proofing. And ur building the system into a mITX?

Sure you can it just depends on what games, resolutions, detail settings, and frame rates you want to play at.

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI a blower style card would be better for this case because the PSU will block the majority of your card. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just FYI a blower style card would be better for this case because the PSU will block the majority of your card.

agreed