Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Installing Windows 10

I have a F2A85-M2 motherboard from ASUS and an AMD Athlon x4 860k CPU. Its a new system i tried installing windows 10 on it via USB, an error came up saying that Windows failed to install and gave me 3 solutions that did not work, my motherboard says its compatible with windows 7/8/8.1 and im womdering if my mobo is the issue or not if anyone can spare the time and help i'd really appreciate it

what error did it come up with specifically? 

She/Her

MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015 | i5 5257U | Intel Iris 6100 | 8GB Ram | 120GB SSD | macOS Monterey

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

what error did it come up with specifically? 

"windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause" that came up i havent changed any hardware and that was the first time i booted up my pc

Just now, Drunkbear2025 said:

"windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause" that came up i havent changed any hardware and that was the first time i booted up my pc

wait, so you did fully install Windows? or did it go from the setup straight to that error?

She/Her

MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015 | i5 5257U | Intel Iris 6100 | 8GB Ram | 120GB SSD | macOS Monterey

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

wait, so you did fully install Windows? or did it go from the setup straight to that error?

I did not, once i booted up my pc from usb that error came up no download was started

1 minute ago, Drunkbear2025 said:

I did not, once i booted up my pc from usb that error came up no download was started

how did you make your install usb? what tool did you use? 

She/Her

Sounds like a boot drive rather than an installation drive. Use Windows Media creation tool to make an installation drive.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 3600X, MSI B450-A Pro, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Gigabyte RX 5700,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

Dell Optiplex 3010, Xeon E3 1270 V2, 16GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz , Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Sapphire Pulse RX 570, Corsair CX430

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

how did you make your install usb? what tool did you use? 

I used a laptop to download the windows 10 media creation tool and used the BIOS to make sure the pc booted from the usb as soon as it booted up that error came up

Just now, asand1 said:

Sounds like a boot drive rather than an installation drive. Use Windows Media creation tool to make an installation drive.

Yeah i used the media creation tool to download windows 10 on the usb amd then plugged it into my pc amd booted from the usb. Everytime it booted up it would give me that error

1 minute ago, Drunkbear2025 said:

I used a laptop to download the windows 10 media creation tool and used the BIOS to make sure the pc booted from the usb as soon as it booted up that error came up

ok. in the midea creation tool, select iso file rather than the usb option. save the iso somethere. 

then, download rufus, and use that to make your install usb. 

She/Her

I did that. I have windows 10 on the usb, the problem i have is that when i boot from usb it says that windows failed to start

6 hours ago, Drunkbear2025 said:

I did that. I have windows 10 on the usb, the problem i have is that when i boot from usb it says that windows failed to start

Could it be the hard drive in the PC and not the USB you're booting to?

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

15 minutes ago, grss1982 said:

Could it be the hard drive in the PC and not the USB you're booting to?

No i checked the bios and the quick boot options, its chosen to boot from usb

So i managed to get to the windows setup, but now in getting an error saying "a media driver in your computer is missing" and i have no idea what this means i heard it could be a corrupt ISO file buy im not sure. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it a lot