Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does this build seem balanced?

I'm collecting parts for a mid-range $700 (900 CAD) PC to be used to play Esports titles mostly. This is a mATX build. I'll have a guest at my apartment for a month and she'll be using it. When she leaves, I'll sell it, so ideally I want to buy something that maintains its resale value, which means no bells and whistles. I'm trying to be patient and I intend to pick up the parts that I'm missing during the black friday sales.

The parts I have (Prices in USD):
-MasterBox Lite 3.1 mATX Case with Tempered Glass ($35)

-MSI B450M Bazooka AM4 ($90)

-Team T-Force Vulcan 2x8GB 3000mhz ($105)

The parts I'm looking at:

-CPU: I'm looking at the Ryzen 5 2600. Looking for a good price at the moment, it was available for about $150 on Amazon.ca a few weeks ago, I'm hoping to see prices that low over black friday.
-Power Supply requirement: modular or semi modular, as the case has no PSU shroud. 450-600W. I'm considering this https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438101

-SSD: I'm looking at the best-priced SATA3 SSD from a well-known brand. Currently leaning towards the Kingston A400 https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820242401&ignorebbr=1

-GPU: I'm pretty set on finding a used GTX 1060 6gb, it seems like I could find one of those for about $180-200. The 1060's are probably pretty good for resale value.

Any opinions, suggestions?

I wouldn't change anything besides maybe trying to go for a new rx 580 as they are pretty cheap right now for the same performance, and you dont have to go through the hassle of buying of the used market

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

for esports titles, single core perf is more important,

perhaps a i3-8350k and oc it to 5ghz.

10 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

I wouldn't change anything besides maybe trying to go for a new rx 580 as they are pretty cheap right now for the same performance, and you dont have to go through the hassle of buying of the used market

True and I'm thinking about it. However, I'm still leaning towards the 1060 because I feel like most of the people who'll stumble on my ad might be more familiar with the 1060 or have a more favorable opinion of it. There's unfortunately a Nvidia bias going on.

8 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

for esports titles, single core perf is more important,

perhaps a i3-8350k and oc it to 5ghz.

I already have the AM4 board so I can't go for that option for this PC

9 minutes ago, brob said:

Corsair CX450M (2015) or Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 would be better psu choices, IMO.

Will look into those, thanks!

1 minute ago, Bynming said:

True and I'm thinking about it. However, I'm still leaning towards the 1060 because I feel like most of the people who'll stumble on my ad might be more familiar with the 1060 or have a more favorable opinion of it. There's unfortunately a Nvidia bias going on.

Ah, I have not noticed

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

1 minute ago, lmeneses said:

Ah, I have not noticed

Eh maybe it's my own Nvidia bias speaking to be honest, I could very well be wrong.