Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows 7 running slow

David Anderson
 Share

Hi LinusTechTips Forum,

  I have an old computer which is an Acer Aspire 4739. It's 7 years old. I have passed many test with this guy, he passed all Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. It was a crazy experiment. Well, today, it was really slow. I tried to close a Windows Explorer window, it looks like a slow-motion mode. I am not sure what happen to my computer, but I really hate it. Anyone has solutions?

It's Acer Aspire 4739, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, x86-based PC, Core i3 CPU M380 2.53GHz, BIOS: INSYDE V1.08, 2GB RAM (1.74 usable) and 500 GB HDD

 

Thanks for helping me!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

can you right click your task bar, click start or open task manager, and then screenshot that and upload it here please? that would help a lot

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

can you right click your task bar, click start or open task manager, and then screenshot that and upload it here please? that would help a lot

 

Capture.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, David Anderson said:

 

Capture.PNG

can you screenshot me the applications tab as well? you know the one with all the percent graphs of how much ram, cpu e.t.c is being used 

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

can you screenshot me the applications tab as well? you know the one with all the percent graphs of how much ram, cpu e.t.c is being used 

It's actually not that much

 

image.png.7d26e2d5bc4df207f5c6ffd4f997c162.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

it seems i was wrong. please send me the performance tab, not the applications tab

it should look similar to this

Image result for windows 7 task manager

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

To get Task Manager

 

Go Start

Type --> Task Manager <-- in search box at bottom

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

it seems i was wrong. please send me the performance tab, not the applications tab

it should look similar to this

Image result for windows 7 task manager

image.png.64444a66d0ccea17d5198232cf7ac7f0.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zmax said:

To get Task Manager

 

Go Start

Type --> Task Manager <-- in search box at bottom

 

I already know this bro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, Zmax said:

To get Task Manager

 

Go Start

Type --> Task Manager <-- in search box at bottom

 

why did you feel the need to say that?

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

alright thanks. so your cpu  is at 44%, meaning you should be fine.. and your ram from what it looks like is at 75% ..  
 

is it currently slow? or running fine

unfortunately on win 7 you cant check hard drive specs like you can on windows 10.. windows 10 has a known unfixible issue where your hard drive will go to 100% and make the computer super slow. it would then take like an hour for it to fix itself and go back to normal. it isnt known on windows 7, but could be currently happening, otherwise you could upgrade your ram.. i sell ram for a few dollars a stick, if you tell me what DDR your ram is, i could send you some higher end ram and get you from 2Gb to 4 or 8GB depending on how many slots are on your motherboard. if you dont want to deal with that, being the computer is so old you should probably reformat windows. weither you do it to windows 7 or 10. because this would clean everything up, free up space, and so on

 

it would really just speed up the computer over all

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

alright thanks. so your cpu  is at 44%, meaning you should be fine.. and your ram from what it looks like is at 75% ..  
 

is it currently slow? or running fine

unfortunately on win 7 you cant check hard drive specs like you can on windows 10.. windows 10 has a known unfixible issue where your hard drive will go to 100% and make the computer super slow. it would then take like an hour for it to fix itself and go back to normal. it isnt known on windows 7, but could be currently happening, otherwise you could upgrade your ram.. i sell ram for a few dollars a stick, if you tell me what DDR your ram is, i could send you some higher end ram and get you from 2Gb to 4 or 8GB depending on how many slots are on your motherboard. if you dont want to deal with that, being the computer is so old you should probably reformat windows. weither you do it to windows 7 or 10. because this would clean everything up, free up space, and so on

 

it would really just speed up the computer over all

If you can, because I am currently in Vietnam, my RAM is DDR3. I will try cleaning up my space. Watch the video below. It is showing that it has some kind of slow-mo. It even slow-mo me when I tried to turn on this forum

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, David Anderson said:

I already know this bro

 

38 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

 

why did you feel the need to say that?

Sorry guys. Long day ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, David Anderson said:

If you can, because I am currently in Vietnam, my RAM is DDR3. I will try cleaning up my space. Watch the video below. It is showing that it has some kind of slow-mo. It even slow-mo me when I tried to turn on this forum

 

IMG_1024.MOV

very interesting.. its simply insanely slow. theres only one other issue of this similar, and it seems they ran out of ram. ithink you need more ram. can you pop open your pc (shut it off first!) and see how many sticks of ram are in your pc? basicly i need to know how many sticks there are, and how many slots there are total. then we can proceed to the 2nd (and last) step in finding out how much ram you need

 

 

unfortunately shipping from the US to vietnam may be a little bit expensive, but if your alright with that, ill be glad to help you out here 

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2018 at 10:26 PM, LamoidZombieDog said:

very interesting.. its simply insanely slow. theres only one other issue of this similar, and it seems they ran out of ram. ithink you need more ram. can you pop open your pc (shut it off first!) and see how many sticks of ram are in your pc? basicly i need to know how many sticks there are, and how many slots there are total. then we can proceed to the 2nd (and last) step in finding out how much ram you need

 

 

unfortunately shipping from the US to vietnam may be a little bit expensive, but if your alright with that, ill be glad to help you out here 

I have 1 2GB stick with 1 empty slot. I have to pay for the shipping right? Because currently I kinda have none left in my wallet. I thought you will be flying all the way to Vietnam to see me because you don't actually know my real name and I bet you will be shocked if you see my real identity ;)

 

On 11/16/2018 at 10:26 PM, LamoidZombieDog said:

very interesting.. its simply insanely slow. theres only one other issue of this similar, and it seems they ran out of ram. ithink you need more ram. can you pop open your pc (shut it off first!) and see how many sticks of ram are in your pc? basicly i need to know how many sticks there are, and how many slots there are total. then we can proceed to the 2nd (and last) step in finding out how much ram you need

 

unfortunately shipping from the US to vietnam may be a little bit expensive, but if your alright with that, ill be glad to help you out here 

I think cleaning up my disk just fixed the problem. It might occur again though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2018 at 11:28 PM, David Anderson said:

I have 1 2GB stick with 1 empty slot. I have to pay for the shipping right? Because currently I kinda have none left in my wallet

yeah, i can give you the ram free but you have to pay for shipping.

so in this case, what you could do is add a 4GB stick, which will give you 6Gb, or if you have a 32 bit system you can only go to 4Gb so that means adding a 2GB stick.. is your system 32 bit or 64 bit?

 

also, please pm me either your address or an address close to it (if you dont want to reveal your address yet) so i can get you an estimate on what it would co

On 11/18/2018 at 10:16 AM, David Anderson said:

I think cleaning up my disk just fixed the problem. It might occur again though. 

Alrught

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 12:42 PM, LamoidZombieDog said:

yeah, i can give you the ram free but you have to pay for shipping.

so in this case, what you could do is add a 4GB stick, which will give you 6Gb, or if you have a 32 bit system you can only go to 4Gb so that means adding a 2GB stick.. is your system 32 bit or 64 bit?

 

also, please pm me either your address or an address close to it (if you dont want to reveal your address yet) so i can get you an estimate on what it would co

Alrught

I don't think I need the ram anymore, my family decided to sell it bcoz it's already 6 years old ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 1:43 AM, David Anderson said:

I don't think I need the ram anymore, my family decided to sell it bcoz it's already 6 years old ;)

Alright :)

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×