Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cpu overheating

Mitico
 Share

So im asking for a friend,her a10 7850k is overheating like crazy,even at stock speeds it reaches over 105° C, and i guess it was like this for over a year.. I suggested her the hyper 212 evo but looks like it doesnt fit in the Zalman Z1 case,so im asking here, which air cooler would be enough to keep the cpu around 70° at max load but will also fit in the case? Btw for the budget of a hyper 212 evo

 

Thanks a lot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mitico said:

So im asking for a friend,her a10 7850k is overheating like crazy,even at stock speeds it reaches over 105° C, and i guess it was like this for over a year.. I suggested her the hyper 212 evo but looks like it doesnt fit in the Zalman Z1 case,so im asking here, which air cooler would be enough to keep the cpu around 70° at max load but will also fit in the case? Btw for the budget of a hyper 212 evo

 

Thanks a lot

that sounds like one of two things,

one: that cooler is broken

two: poor thermal paste application

 

try those first

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mitico said:

So im asking for a friend,her a10 7850k is overheating like crazy,even at stock speeds it reaches over 105° C, and i guess it was like this for over a year.. I suggested her the hyper 212 evo but looks like it doesnt fit in the Zalman Z1 case,so im asking here, which air cooler would be enough to keep the cpu around 70° at max load but will also fit in the case? Btw for the budget of a hyper 212 evo

 

Thanks a lot

I had same concern with this.

But my not so old topic might help you out

 

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

I had same concern with this.

But my not so old topic might help you out

 

Or I missed yours.. mine is a laptop.. Sorry

 

So sorry I click the wrong button.. wanted to edit but quote my own post instead..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

that sounds like one of two things,

one: that cooler is broken

two: poor thermal paste application

 

try those first

Sadly is not, i mean she is with the stock amd cooler what came with the cpu (its a desktop),also the fan is spinning and eveything looks fine.. The guy who built her that pc did not bothered adding an aftermarket cpu cooler and thats the result

*EDIT*

Even from the bios right after turning the pc on the temps were already over 55°C after just few seconds.. i think the

stock cooler is not enough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mitico said:

Sadly is not, i mean she is with the stock amd cooler what came with the cpu (its a desktop),also the fan is spinning and eveything looks fine.. The guy who built her that pc did not bothered adding an aftermarket cpu cooler and thats the result

*EDIT*

Even from the bios right after turning the pc on the temps were already over 55°C after just few seconds.. i think the

stock cooler is not enough

okay, after some research the 212 evo should fit in that case. a artic freezer 33 esports not. this is all according to pcpartpicker. so maybe it isn't that bad of a choise here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Mitico said:

Even from the bios right after turning the pc on the temps were already over 55°C after just few seconds.. i think the

stock cooler is not enough

Thats sounds more like bad thermal paste than stock not being enough. Stock is included as its good enough for most situations. So would say to check that first.

 

As for cooler options, there's H7 for example which is 149mm. But are you sure that 212 doesn't fit? Case is listed to have 164mm space for coolers.

 

11 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

okay, after some research the 212 evo should fit in that case. a artic freezer 33 esports not. this is all according to pcpartpicker. so maybe it isn't that bad of a choise here

 

Thats odd. 212 is 159mm tall, Freezer 33 just 150mm.

Edited by LoGiCalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Thats sounds more like bad thermal paste than stock not being enough. Stock is included as its good enough for most situations. So would say to check that first.

 

As for cooler options, there's H7 for example which is 149mm. But are you sure that 212 doesn't fit? Case is listed to have 164mm space for coolers.

 

 

Thats odd. 212 is 159mm tall, Freezer 33 just 150mm.

then I think pcpartpicker is wrong here. It wouldn't list it with compatability filter on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Thats sounds more like bad thermal paste than stock not being enough. Stock is included as its good enough for most situations. So would say to check that first.

 

As for cooler options, there's H7 for example which is 149mm. But are you sure that 212 doesn't fit? Case is listed to have 164mm space for coolers.

I saw that too,and as first choice i told her about the hyper 212 evo,but she's worried that it doesnt fit,thats why she is skeptical about it.. but i can tell her about the H7..

 

Thanks for fast replies guys

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mitico said:

I saw that too,and as first choice i told her about the hyper 212 evo,but she's worried that it doesnt fit,thats why she is skeptical about it.. but i can tell her about the H7..

 

Thanks for fast replies guys

But is that for certain that it doesn't fit? And Freezer 33 will fit too. It might be better available and even cheaper with about same performance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×