Thinking of buying a cheap (Crappy?) PC to upgrade it.

Hey!

I was actually going through Ebay and I found a really cheap computer when I was searching "PC", lol.

I mean, it's pretty cheap and even if I couldn't upgrade it, it's no biggie. If I were to get it, I'd attempt to upgrade the RAM first.

So, what do you guys think?

Here's the PC I was thinking of getting so I could 'practice': https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Acer-Veriton-X6610G-i5-2400-3-10Ghz-4Gb-Ram-500Gb-HDD-SFF-DVD-WIN-10-Pro-PC/192677656765?epid=8024432229&hash=item2cdc7bb8bd:g:i2cAAOSwWlFbtFEk:rk:6:pf:0&LH_All=1#rwid

Edited by A Synthwave enthusiast
It had a shortened link which I didn't ask permission to use.

Quick tip, mind the shortened links

Back to the post:

The pc looks fine to get started on, although you'll want to google some specs and whatnot just to make sure you'll be able to achieve what you want to try,

the case seems to be thin client styled, meaning there is less customization options available, another case shouldn't be too expensive though

Seems like a decent starter PC

~~~ MY RECENTLY UPDATED RIG ~~~

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700

MOBO: ASUS Prime B450M-A

GPU: ASUS RX580 Dual 8 GB

RAM: 4 x 8GB Team T-Force Vulcan 2666Mhz

Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro RGB

PSU: Silverstone 80+ Platinum 750W Fully Modular

Case: Cougar Panzer Dual Tempered Glass

Storage: Samsung 840 500GB 2.5" SSD

Storage: SanDisk 240GB 2.5" SSD

Storage: LiteON 240 GB 2.5" SSD

Storage: Toshiba 3TB 7200rpm 3.5" HDD

PC Part Picker list:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/4bH3V6

3 minutes ago, A Synthwave enthusiast said:

Hey!

I was actually going through Ebay and I found a really cheap computer when I was searching "PC", lol.

I mean, it's pretty cheap and even if I couldn't upgrade it, it's no biggie. If I were to get it, I'd attempt to upgrade the RAM first.

So, what do you guys think?

Here's the PC I was thinking of getting so I could 'practice': https://bit.ly/2QJNMea

You know shorted links arent allowed exept with permission from staff?

To get back on topic, I would rather get a second hand hp z series worstation and upgrade that. Cheaper and easier to do

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

You know shorted links arent allowed exept with permission from staff?

To get back on topic, I would rather get a second hand hp z series worstation and upgrade that. Cheaper and easier to do

Oh crap. I didn't realize.

Thanks for the advice, sir. I'll definitely look into it!

I agree with @LukeSavenije getting a used HP Z workstation or even a Dell Optiplex is a good option. Plenty of Dell Optiplexes come with i7 2600s and 4770s which are suitable for gaming. With HP Z workstations, you can even get dual quad core CPU systems on a budget, and those usually come with plenty of RAM and a good PSU. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

2 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

I agree with @LukeSavenije getting a used HP Z workstation or even a Dell Optiplex is a good option. Plenty of Dell Optiplexes come with i7 2600s and 4770s which are suitable for gaming. With HP Z workstations, you can even get dual quad core CPU systems on a budget, and those usually come with plenty of RAM and a good PSU. 

Ah, nice! I'll do that, then.