Is it time to upgrade?

I bought my gaming pc from a guy when I was desperate for a computer but now I realize I should have built my own. Right now I'm running

ROG Maximus Hero VII

EVGA 780ti

I7-4790k

So now if I want to upgrade any of those parts I really have to pretty much build/buy a brand new system. Do you guys suggest I wait a bit longer in rebuilding or should I start buying parts with black friday/cyber monday coming up

Drop in a new GPU and check your PSU and maybe replace that too. CPU is still great

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

45 minutes ago, Serenre said:

I7-4780k

Is it a 4770K or a 4790k?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Serenre said:

I bought my gaming pc from a guy when I was desperate for a computer but now I realize I should have built my own. Right now I'm running

ROG Maximus Hero XIII

EVGA 780ti

I7-4780k

So now if I want to upgrade any of those parts I really have to pretty much build/buy a brand new system. Do you guys suggest I wait a bit longer in rebuilding or should I start buying parts with black friday/cyber monday coming up

ROG maximus Hero XIII ??? there is no such mobo (the latest is maximus hero XI)

4th gen CPU is supported on Maximus hero VI

i7-4780k ?? 

i think it's 4790k

that's said you  should upgrade the graphics card

your psu should be good if it's running a 780ti (if it's from a good brand)

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Drop in a new GPU and check your PSU and maybe replace that too. CPU is still great

Ok cool thanks for the imput!

58 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Is it a 4770K or a 4790k?

Sorry for the mistype its a 4790k

2 minutes ago, Serenre said:

Sorry for the mistype its a 4790k

You can put some really powerful graphics cards with that, no fear of bottlenecking. try out a 1070, that's what I used with mine.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You can put some really powerful graphics cards with that, no fear of bottlenecking. try out a 1070, that's what I used with mine.

Oh you think so? Do you think it can handle a 1080ti or even a rtx 2080ti?

50 minutes ago, Serenre said:

Ok cool thanks for the imput!

I'm running the I7 4790K with a 1080 in my rig, it's still an awesome chip and the later batch ones can go 5GHz without insaine voltage, like only 1.4V which is still lots but it's not like crazy high at least :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 hours ago, Serenre said:

Oh you think so? Do you think it can handle a 1080ti or even a rtx 2080ti?

Technically yeah but if you can drop the cash on a 2080 ti I don't feel like you'd have gotten a Haswell system. A 4790k with a good cooler can close on 5GHz, and at that frequency the sky is the limit. I was actually going to put a titan xp star wars edition with mine.

Primary PC: