Emergency! SSD choosing

AlexanderYaw123

I have 2 option wd green ssd or kingston a400. Both are 240gb. I will use the ssd for the windows and 1 games (esport game). What should i choose?

Currently setup 

Intel Pentium G4560

8GB DDR 4

AMD rx 560 4 gb 

500 Seagate HDD

Asus H110M-D

500 W psu

Why is it an emergency?  If they are both sata ssd's it really doesn't matter.  Look up transfer speeds but they will probably be close enough you won't be able to tell the difference. Get the cheaper one. 

1 minute ago, brendon7358 said:

Why is it an emergency?  If they are both sata ssd's it really doesn't matter.  Look up transfer speeds but they will probably be close enough you won't be able to tell the difference. Get the cheaper one. 

is just like discount on online shopping :) but is that wd green is SLC? because the kingston a400 is only TLC which lifespan pretty short

Ssd's fail quicker the more you fill them up.  If you keep them below 50% capacity it should last 5-10 years +

9 minutes ago, AlexanderYaw123 said:

is just like discount on online shopping :) but is that wd green is SLC? because the kingston a400 is only TLC which lifespan pretty short

a hard drive lasts only 5 years on averadge. don't worry about it. never trust a ssd or harddrive

6 minutes ago, brendon7358 said:

Ssd's fail quicker the more you fill them up.  If you keep them below 50% capacity it should last 5-10 years +

Erm so i will probably buy the kingston a400 because of its speed faster in terms of writing and reading  and price tag more cheaper ? thx alot 

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

a hard drive lasts only 5 years on averadge. don't worry about it. never trust a ssd or harddrive

I have a hdd hitachi 320 gb used about 10 years and still working now ? 

Just now, AlexanderYaw123 said:

I know, like all of my harddrives are at least 7 years old. some are lucky, some are not. even my fujisu siemens with a 3 gb harddrive still works, and even a olivetti from a old hotel still has a working harddrive. it's just what happens, and what you do with it. I'm gentle in some way or something

1 minute ago, AlexanderYaw123 said:

I second this. My fossilized dinosaur of a Win 98 tower is still going strong, even with its close to 22 year old 16GB HDD.

But in response to OP's question. Either is fine, cheaper one if you want to save money, or faster one if want more performance

Primary PC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8G3tXv (Windows 10 Home)

HTPC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KdBb4n (Windows 10 Home)
Server: Dell Precision T7500 - Dual Xeon X5660's, 44GB ECC DDR3, Dell Nvidia GTX 645 (Windows Server 2019 Standard)      

*SLI Rig* - i7-920, MSI-X58 Platinum SLI, 12GB DDR3, Dual EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 in SLI - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GHw6vW (Windows 7 Pro)

HP DC7900 - Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT (Windows Vista)

Compaq Presario 5000 - Pentium 4 1.7Ghz, 1.7GB SDR, PowerColor Radeon 9600 Pro (Windows XP x86 Pro)
Compaq Presario 8772 - Pentium MMX 200Mhz, 48MB PC66, 6GB Quantum HDD, "8GB" HP SATA SSD adapted to IDE (Windows 98 SE)

Asus M32AD - Intel i3-4170, 8GB DDR3, 250GB Seagate 2.5" HDD (converting to SSD soon), EVGA GeForce GTS 250, OEM 350W PSU (Windows 10 Core)

*Haswell Tower* https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3vw6vW (Windows 10 Home)

*ITX Box* - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r36s6R (Windows 10 Education)

Dell Dimension XPS B800 - Pentium 3 800Mhz, RDRAM

In progress projects:

*Skylake Tower* - Pentium G4400, Asus H110

*Trash Can* - AMD A4-6300

*GPU Test Bench*

*Pfsense router* - Pentium G3220, Asrock H97m Pro A4, 4GB DDR3

Take a look in Crucial ones, BX 500 and MX 500, I have both and really happy with the performance.

2 minutes ago, hillandder said:

Take a look in Crucial ones, BX 500 and MX 500, I have both and really happy with the performance.

sadly my country does not sell any crucial , the store are very limited and overpriced in our market. Just kingston and  samsung, wd and intel are very common in our market 

1 minute ago, AlexanderYaw123 said:

sadly my country does not sell any crucial , the store are very limited and overpriced in our market. Just kingston and  samsung, wd and intel are very common in our market 

I know that feel, in Brazil we have the same problem with laptops market. :(

32 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

either that average is wrong, or i've been crazy lucky my whole life

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

either that average is wrong, or i've been crazy lucky my whole life

I'm not wrong. that's actually how much. but it gets down a lot by people that don't know how to treat their pc's. or just slam them.

I could in theory still use scsi if I use a old system

38 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Where did you get that statistic from?  Servers? If so that's a completely different usage scenario. In 10 years I have never had a hdd or ssd fail on me. 

Just now, brendon7358 said:

Where did you get that statistic from?  Servers? If so that's a completely different usage scenario. In 10 years I have never had a hdd or ssd fail on me. 

servers too. it's harddrives in general

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

Servers run hdd's constantly, they will fail much quicker than in a home pc. 

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

the question stands, what is the source of your claim?

Just now, Barnack said:

the question stands, what is the source of your claim?

yeah... someone told me...

and I have seen harddrives not even failing after 20 years and ones that clipped after 2

Regardless, ssd's last a lot longer than hdd's. Unless you keep them at full capacity and constantly delete and write more data to them. 

Just now, brendon7358 said:

Regardless, ssd's last a lot longer than hdd's. Unless you keep them at full capacity and constantly delete and write more data to them. 

they *in theory* last longer. Haven't been around long enough to hold that claim with data

Just now, Barnack said:

they *in theory* last longer. Haven't been around long enough to hold that claim with data

Yeah, you can give them a very extreme usage scenario and see how many tb you can write to them before failure, then see how many the average user will write to them per day and calculate it from there.