Gaming Cafe setup

A company ask me to set them up with 10 Gaming stations in their cafe, the set up they want is about 12100 Dollars. But Linus gave me an idea whit his one server 7 workstation build. 

I was thinking of building 2 machines with 5 game stations. I would use the new 32 core AMD in the units and use containers.

So i wonder, have anyone done this? what hardware is best for this build? All ideas are welcome

The Ghost  

In theory this is a good idea, but look at it from a business perspective. If something happens to the hardware now the business is losing income from 5 clients instead of one. I recommend sticking with 10 individual PCs unless you want to go with hardware redundancy or have a lot of spare parts laying around. It's significantly easier to support something simple than it is to support something complex. Now if the owner was tech savvy and building it themselves, that's fine because they can manage and fix it on their own, but if they have to call you to come fix it then that's lost income until you get there to repair it (assuming you don't need to order parts).

-KuJoe

Also, if you do decide to go this route do some research on the different between VMs and containers, you definitely don't want containers. ;)

-KuJoe

Its much better, cheaper and easier to just build a couple of systems using an r5 2600, 16GB of Ram, a B450 tomahawk motherboard.

A gtx 1060 or rx 580 GPU and monitor and stuff.

Its just a whole lot better. 

From a commercial perspective, not the best approach. A single hardware or software failure can lead to half the workstations not earning revenue until repairs are complete.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.