Help Over clocking EVGA GTX 1050 FTW

Fez760

I was thinking about exploring overclocking a little more but i have no clue what to do or how to do it right so any useful tips pointers the like are very appreciated. 

First, download an Overclocking Utility, I recommend MSI Afterburner.

And then, well, basically you crank up that Power- and Templimit Sliders, which should already help in most cases, and after having that testet you start slowly increasing your Core Clocks and memory clocks. If the system crashes you went too far - turn the clocks back a little. Once you reached a value where the system doesn't chrash anymore you are basically done... This process can take from 20 mins to about 10 hours :D

50 minutes ago, Fez760 said:

I was thinking about exploring overclocking a little more but i have no clue what to do or how to do it right so any useful tips pointers the like are very appreciated. 

get something like msi Afterburner or evga precision XOC, and a stress test like unigine heaven, superposision or valley. turn up the power and thermal sliders, and start with the core clock. go +25 and run a stress test for 5 mins. untill it crashes. then do the same on memory.

1 hour ago, Alexokratis said:

First, download an Overclocking Utility, I recommend MSI Afterburner.

And then, well, basically you crank up that Power- and Templimit Sliders, which should already help in most cases, and after having that testet you start slowly increasing your Core Clocks and memory clocks. If the system crashes you went too far - turn the clocks back a little. Once you reached a value where the system doesn't chrash anymore you are basically done... This process can take from 20 mins to about 10 hours :D

alright i have both afterburner and XOC

I would recommend just using one at the time and shutting the other one off completely.

The programs basically do the same, but I guess using both at once wont work...