Bios update?

I just got my new processor, i am replacing it with one released on the same day. do i need to update BIOS???

I am faster than 80% of all snakes

cpu: AMD Fx-8350

motherboard: GIGABYTE 970 (am3+)

RAM: 16gb ddr3 adata

gpu: AMD xfx rx 560 2gb

psu: 500w

storage: 1tb hdd

I am what you call “budget gamer”

btw its fx 6300 to fx 8350. dont judge

I am faster than 80% of all snakes

cpu: AMD Fx-8350

motherboard: GIGABYTE 970 (am3+)

RAM: 16gb ddr3 adata

gpu: AMD xfx rx 560 2gb

psu: 500w

storage: 1tb hdd

I am what you call “budget gamer”

Depends on the motherboard you have.

Go to its product page (product page of your specific board), go to Support > CPU support (sometimes it is found under QVL) and check what BIOS you need to run the FX 8350 and check if you have that (or a higher) BIOS version.

Keep in mind though, some AM3+ boards don't like the FX 8350, because it causes their VRMs to heat up a tun which will actually lower your FPS. Do your research to see if your board supports it properly + check if your use case actually benefits from the FX 8350 upgrade (as it mostly is just two more cores, not a ton single core performance).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/