Noob question

blitzilla

I use hyperX cloud2 headset.  And its games i play ( blackout) i cant figure out if what im hearing  is in the front or in the back same with up or down. Only directional  queues that sounds right is left and right.

Is that normal.   If my memory serve me right back in 2001 with my 20$ walmart headset in cs1.6 i could pin point exactly where a single footstep was from. Did i just get old or is there something i can fix with my sound

1 minute ago, blitzilla said:

I use hyperX cloud2 headset.  And its games i play ( blackout) i cant figure out if what im hearing  is in the front or in the back same with up or down. Only directional  queues that sounds right is left and right.

Is that normal.   If my memory serve me right back in 2001 with my 20$ walmart headset in cs1.6 i could pin point exactly where a single footstep was from. Did i just get old or is there something i can fix with my sound

Could be a setting in the Game, what sound type is selected?

could be Headset, Hi-Fi, TV or maybe Surround?

Also in Windows selecting Virtual surround could be the problem or solution.

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

Just now, blitzilla said:

Also have the same issues in other shooting game

What kind of options does the sound card in Windows give you ?

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

I think if you go into sounds and look at the headset properties there should be a tab called like spatial sound or something like that, in there you can click the windows soinc option then enable 7.1 surround. Im not what sure what this does or even if this will fix your issue but I have this active on mine and before I did my headset was all fucked up sound wise. i got a new one not long ago and had to mess with a ton of settings to get it to sound right.

Open your sound card driver menu and make sure you selected stereo headphones and not mono headphones or a speaker.

If the issue still exist, open you game audio menu and look there for stereo settings.

Okay, let me explain.Normal stereo audio divides things into left and right, so fundamentally, you can only hear those two directions, unless you use virtual surround sound for headphones (which allows you to hear more directions).

However, even with just regular stereo sound, when you move your mouse to the left or right, the way the channel balance changes can imply front or back. So in a sense, you are using your hand to create more audio information. In black ops, when you run from a circle collapse, people generally move in a straight line with minimal mouse movement. So this creates a situation where you have very little audio information.

You can improve the directional audio with things like razer surround or hesuvi, which will give you virtual 7.1 surround sound on headphones.Now even with 7.1 sound, you can't hear up and down, because there are no height channels in 7.1. But you get front and back, which is better than nothing.

Someone suggested windows sonic for headphones, but that isn't compatible with many programs. It will likely do nothing when you turn it on.