Keyboard final decision

ShaggyPB
Go to solution Solved by Ashley MLP Fangirl,

i have the K95 platinum with MX browns. 

if you want to know something specific about it you can ask me. 

Hi

I've decided to finally switch to mechanical keyboard. After checking many reviews, comparisons, forum topics etc.  I decided to go with genuine cherry MX browns which lead me to two models. Corsairs K70 Mk2 and Corsairs K95 Platinum.

When it comes to prices atm in my country they're practically identical so it's not a deciding factor. I'm aware of general differences and looks like it's only different logo at top, additional macro keys on K95 plus RGB bar, though there might be something else that I missed. Mk2 build quality went up and features aluminium body as well now.  As to what it's going to be used: quite a bit of typing and gaming - random titles, random genres from FPS, through MMORPG finishing on RTS so whatever I'll find interesting.  

I read a bit too much about too many keyboards so I'd need someone to give an experienced opinion about those two to help with decision between them and to clear that mess I have in my head atm.

Thanks

i have the K95 platinum with MX browns. 

if you want to know something specific about it you can ask me. 

She/Her

5 hours ago, geo3 said:

What made you come to that decision?

after watching and reading all kinds of reviews of specific keyboards, "TOP 10" rankings of them, other forum posts and answers in them it's noticable that cherry MX is rather on top. At least in general area and availaible to mainstream user.

In the beginning i was considering Razers Blackwidow simply cause of looks alone, fact they were using their own switches was not a problem for me and producition is done by Greetech which supposedly isn't supposed to be that far back behind Cherry was an advantage but at the same time too much complaints about build quality of Razer itself made me cross it. At the same time i'm not siding with either side of Razer/Corsair battle i noticed that is going on between users. Old time Logitech or even non brand user. 

Since i mentioned it. Logitech Romer-G is something that left me a bit confused in the beginning. Totally different build, really short and light actuation point among other things looked a bit too much considering switch from membrane and i decided to stay "classic mechanic". Some consider it a step forwards from aging cheery but original is still staying on top of the lists. So good switches from what i can see no argue with that but i had to narrow down my choices cause i would never reach conclusion.

Fully aware of options for building your own keyboard with some top of the line components that would fit needs like tailored suit but i'm not a pro writer or gamer so it would be too much of a hustle that in my case would be pointless if i can get basically top of my checklist by going to the shop and picking it from the shelf so to speak. 

4 minutes ago, ShaggyPB said:

after watching and reading all kinds of reviews of specific keyboards, "TOP 10" rankings of them, other forum posts and answers in them it's noticable that cherry MX is rather on top. At least in general area and availaible to mainstream user.

Boards with Gateron, Outemu or Kailh switches are all widely available to the mainstream. 

9 hours ago, geo3 said:

Boards with Gateron, Outemu or Kailh switches are all widely available to the mainstream. 

Yes i know but at the same time they're copied cherry mx that can either lack in quality, be louder or fail faster depending on what batch of switches you get. Again all i'm saying is according to various forums opinions. 

There's enough threads everywhere about various switches and manufacturers tbh. It's all subjective and I just wanted some simple answers as to chosing between keyboard models not another switch battle

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, ShaggyPB said:

When it comes to prices atm in my country they're practically identical so it's not a deciding factor.

May i ask you what country is that and how much do they both cost in your local currency?

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:31 PM, Barnack said:

May i ask you what country is that and how much do they both cost in your local currency?

Poland and prices are 779PLN for K70 Mk2 and 769PLN for K95 Platinum
that's for Cherry Brown switches

6 hours ago, ShaggyPB said:

Poland and prices are 779PLN for K70 Mk2 and 769PLN for K95 Platinum
that's for Cherry Brown switches

wow in € it's average price is 200€, which is 860pln o.o