Freesync not working

Go to solution Solved by MkaiL,
1 minute ago, Firas64 said:

so plqying zith freesync in 75fps is better then nonsync in 300fps and how to limit my fps to 75fps ?

It's a choice you have to make for yourself. Some people claim, even though their screen is 60 or 75hz, that higher ingame fps still makes it look smoother but like you have found out, it can cause screen tearing. I see a lot of people that use freesync avoid vsync and leave it off, instead they use a frame limiter like amd's FRTC. I would just play around with different settings and see what works best for you.

hey guys

plz if someone can help me to solve this problem.

my monitor is DELL SE2717H and It is supported Freesync (48-75) and i have sapphire RX 580 nitro+.

evreything is ok in amd radeon settings the Freesync is on but when i play a game like Goldeneye Source (300fps) i get screen tearing.

i dont know whats the problem.

Capture.PNG

21 minutes ago, Firas64 said:

Freesync (48-75)

Well, you answered it yourself. The freesync range of that monitor is between 48-75fps. Anything above or under and freesync won't work so if you play it uncapped at 300fps, you'll get screen tearing.

2 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

Well, you answered it yourself. The freesync range of that monitor is between 48-75fps. Anything above or under and freesync won't work so if you play it uncapped at 300fps, you'll get screen tearing.

so what do you suggest bro ?

11 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

ayyy man are you there ?

9 minutes ago, Firas64 said:

so what do you suggest bro ?

You'll have to cap/lock your frames at 75 or less if you want to get rid of the tearing. Your display only gives you 75fps anyways so why let your gpu push it up to 300?

Just now, MkaiL said:

You'll have to cap/lock your frames at 75 or less if you want to get rid of the tearing. Your display only gives you 75fps anyways so why let your gpu push it up to 300?

so freesync not like vsync.

and if i cap the frames does this mean more input lag ?

7 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

sorry man for all this questions .

im noob like you see ?

6 minutes ago, Firas64 said:

so freesync not like vsync.

and if i cap the frames does this mean more input lag ?

No freesync and vsync are not the same thing. Freesync syncs the hz of your display with the fps of your game. Since your screen only goes up to 75hz, freesync only works up to 75hz. Vsync will just simply limit your ingame fps, nothing more. On the downside, vsync does introduce some input lag.

8 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

No freesync and vsync are not the same thing. Freesync syncs the hz of your display with the fps of your game. Since your screen only goes up to 75hz, freesync only works up to 75hz. Vsync will just simply limit your ingame fps, nothing more. On the downside, vsync does introduce some input lag.

so playing with freesync in 75fps is better then nonsync in 300fps and how to limit my fps to 75fps ?

1 minute ago, Firas64 said:

so plqying zith freesync in 75fps is better then nonsync in 300fps and how to limit my fps to 75fps ?

It's a choice you have to make for yourself. Some people claim, even though their screen is 60 or 75hz, that higher ingame fps still makes it look smoother but like you have found out, it can cause screen tearing. I see a lot of people that use freesync avoid vsync and leave it off, instead they use a frame limiter like amd's FRTC. I would just play around with different settings and see what works best for you.

25 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

when i turn on FRTC and set the limit fps at 75fps the tearing still exists but when i but it to 74fps the tearing is gone.

thnx man