Over heating CPU

Hello,

i just built my PC and ran bios. With the computer sitting in bios for 5 minutes I noticed the CPU reaching temperatures of around 80-85 celsius. I understand if it was an airflow or if it was completing a hard task but it was just in bios. Any reason for this?

I’m running a core i5-7500 on a MSI B250 gaming m3 motherboard. In my phenteks case, I have 1 fan in the front and 1 in the back. I plan on putting in a cpu cooler and graphics card.

thanks. 

Edited by Superman.Ninja

Improper mounting pressure probably

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, Superman.Ninja said:

Hello,

i just built my PC and ran bios. With the computer sitting in bios for 5 minutes I noticed the CPU reaching temperatures of around 80-85 celsius. I understand if it was an airflow or if it was completing a hard task but it was just in bios. Any reason for this?

I’m running a core i5-7500 on a MSI B250 gaming m3 motherboard. In my phenteks case, I have 1 fan in the front and 1 in the back. I plan on putting in a cpu cooler and graphics card.

thanks. 

9 minutes ago, Pyramiden said:

You mean that you currently don't have a CPU cooler installed?...
If so, install one with thermal paste between the processor and the cooler...

I read what this guy read

If you are actually running this without a CPU cooler than I would expect your temps to get worse, far far worse ;)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

18 minutes ago, Superman.Ninja said:

I plan on putting in a cpu cooler

honestly I'm surprised you can even get into bios if you don't have any sort of cpu cooler. At the very least you should use the crumby little cooler that comes with the cpu

Dang, I was hoping not to have a need for that cpu cooler until I got the one I’m waiting for. But I’ll just have to bite the bullet and put it on. 

Thanks everybody!

Now it’s just hanging out at 26 Celsius. Thanks everybody. Gotta love the noobs to keep you all on your toes. 

?