Corsair VS650 vs Acbel 500w PSU

Varpin

Hello everyone :) 

Just a quick question. Should I swap my Acbel iPower 85 500w psu to a Corsair VS650w PSU? I'm upgrading my GPU to a used GTX 970 and i'm also getting the Corsair PSU with it. The minimum wattage for a 970 is 500 watts so I would be more comfortable with a 650w PSU, but because the quality of the VS PSUs isn't so great, i'm not sure if I should change my PSU. According to  the internet the Acbel PSU is quite bad, but I just still want to ask it myself.

Here's a link to the Acbel PSU what i'm talking about.

Thank you!

Get a Corsair CX450, CX450M or TX550M instead

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Do you have a set budget? Try to get something with a bit more wattage. Personally suggest 750W if possible, reason is to try and future proof yourself.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

6 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Do you have a set budget? Try to get something with a bit more wattage. Personally suggest 750W if possible, reason is to try and future proof yourself.

No such thing as future proof, and no reason to do that.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, sof006 said:

@sof006 My budget is 150 euros max, because I was only looking for a GPU, which in my case costs me 140 euros. The seller (my friend in this case) said that he can give his PSU also on top of that.

I don't think I need a 750w PSU because of the budget and because I have another PC with better specs and a 750w PSU already. This PC where the GTX 970 will go is more budget PC. I should have been more specific in the original post.

But thank you for the suggestion! 

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

No such thing as future proof, and no reason to do that.

Why not? Means he can get something more powerful and not need to spend even more money upgrading PSU again.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Just now, sof006 said:

Why not? Means he can get something more powerful and not need to spend even more money upgrading PSU again.

More powerful graphics cards are only a few watts more than the 970, and by the time OP wants to upgrade in a few years, it's a good idea to get a new power supply anyway. Not like 2 months from now OP will get an RTX 2080 ti, and a 550W PSU is pretty powerful anyway. Plus, we don't know the CPU, so we're unsure of power draw for the rest of the system anyways.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad