Controller mod for pc theme

skkler
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
6 hours ago, skkler said:

This might be wishful thinking but i have a block of aluminium and was wanting to get it cut to the rough shape of a ps4 controller. Anyone know if its possible to do it though machining?

Drawing1.pdf

Drawing2.pdf

Drawing3.pdf

That's completely doable but you need a machine shop that is willing to take the job since it will most likely be a one off which is why most will not take it. It's not profitable for most shops with the viable equipment to do this kind of work, to give you an idea a job in a good shop has a starting cost of this is around $100/hr with CAD/CAM modeling and then machine time ontop of that.

19 minutes ago, emosun said:

anything on earth is possible with money

True but everywhere I've asked says they cant do it

6 hours ago, skkler said:

This might be wishful thinking but i have a block of aluminium and was wanting to get it cut to the rough shape of a ps4 controller. Anyone know if its possible to do it though machining?

Drawing1.pdf

Drawing2.pdf

Drawing3.pdf

That's completely doable but you need a machine shop that is willing to take the job since it will most likely be a one off which is why most will not take it. It's not profitable for most shops with the viable equipment to do this kind of work, to give you an idea a job in a good shop has a starting cost of this is around $100/hr with CAD/CAM modeling and then machine time ontop of that.