Is this a fake??

Galion
Go to solution Solved by GamerDude,

Relax, it's a legit brand and exclusive nVidia partner (at least, they've been selling only nVidia cards for as long as I can remember), I'd gotten mine used as well. It was used for mining for six months, but comes with local warranty of three years, of which I still have about two years four months left.

h9FYumS.jpg

I was just playing Doom at 4K, near max setting (TXAAx1, or something like that), framerate's quite playable at between >50fps to about 90+ fps. Also played Left 4 Dead 2 and got roughly 150+ fps to >200fps at 4K + max setting. I got mine just before the release of the RTX 2080 series, and I was told that it was a great price for a GTX 1080 with more than 2 years of warranty left on it......I got it for about 320'ish USD (local $ converted to uSD)

I found this card at the "Second Chance PC Place" graphics bin. 

I tested it, it works fine and runs all benchmarks almost as fast as my zotac 1080 mini. 

But I've not seen seen this brand anywhere before. 

Q Leadtek GTX 1080 Hurricane 8gb mx (white with grey accents) - $225

Anyone know it's a fake? 

I have 3 days return warranty 

Should I return it? 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

2 minutes ago, Galion said:

I tested it, it works fine and runs all benchmarks almost as fast as my zotac 1080 mini. 

Anyone know it's a fake? 

Should I return it? 

Leave it running for 24 hours and check temps and performance.

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

2 minutes ago, Shally said:

Leave it running for 24 hours and check temps and performance.

Will do it now

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

7 minutes ago, Galion said:

Anyone know it's a fake? 

Should I return it? 

Is it this card? https://www.leadtek.com/eng/products/graphics_cards(1)/WinFast_GTX_1080_HURRICANE_OC_8G(756)/detail

"Leadtek Research, Inc. is a Taiwanese company, founded in 1986, which focuses on research and development that is specialized in the design and manufacture of graphics cards." - Wikipedia.

5 minutes ago, Mholes said:

Is it this card? https://www.leadtek.com/eng/products/graphics_cards(1)/WinFast_GTX_1080_HURRICANE_OC_8G(756)/detail

"Leadtek Research, Inc. is a Taiwanese company, founded in 1986, which focuses on research and development that is specialized in the design and manufacture of graphics cards." - Wikipedia.

Yes I think that's the card just no box

Best Value Build List

3 minutes ago, Galion said:

Yes I think that's the card just no box

Okay, then it can be the real deal. You'll see after you have ran it for 24 hours like @Shally mentioned.

1 minute ago, Mholes said:

Okay, then it can be the real deal. You'll see after you have ran it for 24 hours like @Shally mentioned.

I didn't even know that brand existed, are they any good? 

Aluminum shroud, triple fans, steel back plates (black) it says it is VR ready

And what the hell is MX (Micro X) ? 

Best Value Build List

2 minutes ago, Galion said:

I didn't even know that brand existed, are they any good? 

Aluminum shroud, triple fans, steel back plates (black) it says it is VR ready

And what the hell is MX (Micro X) ? 

No idea, i would guess they make GPU's for the Asian market. What i can find with a fast google search, it seems that they are OKAY cards. For some reason they also make founders edition cards??? The VR ready is just a Pascal thing. Not a clue what MX is.

If the thermals and performance are okay after 24 hours then you should be good. After that you could also check GPU-Z since it can detect if the card has a modified BIOS.

Relax, it's a legit brand and exclusive nVidia partner (at least, they've been selling only nVidia cards for as long as I can remember), I'd gotten mine used as well. It was used for mining for six months, but comes with local warranty of three years, of which I still have about two years four months left.

h9FYumS.jpg

I was just playing Doom at 4K, near max setting (TXAAx1, or something like that), framerate's quite playable at between >50fps to about 90+ fps. Also played Left 4 Dead 2 and got roughly 150+ fps to >200fps at 4K + max setting. I got mine just before the release of the RTX 2080 series, and I was told that it was a great price for a GTX 1080 with more than 2 years of warranty left on it......I got it for about 320'ish USD (local $ converted to uSD)

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

9 minutes ago, GamerDude said:

h9FYumS.jpg

So far it matches my zotac 1080 mini, I checked aliexpress it's a pretty cheap card, I wonder if it'll have the 20 series you never know it might be a good option

Best Value Build List

2 hours ago, Galion said:

So far it matches my zotac 1080 mini, I checked aliexpress it's a pretty cheap card, I wonder if it'll have the 20 series you never know it might be a good option

By seeing this card has NVidia logo on above its PCI-E connector, that means it uses FE PCB with custom cooler.. CMIIW

I see many of NVidia GPU under this brand in my local computer stores. They are real and legit, only less popular among the other big names..

It even sit on techpowerup GPU database together with the other brands on the list.. So don't worry..

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/leadtek-winfast-gtx-1080-hurricane.b3858

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs: