Compressed air

Snifferdog3

Hello. I want to buy some compressed air to clean my pc with. What size can should I get for a mid size case? And how many should I buy for one clean? Any brands you recommend? 

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

just use whatever you get at the store thats cheap. in the USA you need to be 18+ to buy pc duster just so you know.

I just used the first $2 can I saw it was the normal size it lasted me 2 deep cleanings. just buy a few cans and youll have them for a long time.

I also recommend the electric dusters too. It is more expensive but you save over the long run. 

I find that with the can air it gets cold and looses pressure because of the cold pretty fast. You then have to switch to a warm can or wait for a while.

Thanks!

Chris R.

A taller can will last you several cleanings at least for an ATX sized case, assuming you do regular cleanings. Though I would recommend a tool that shoots air out like a DataVac or similar.

6 minutes ago, shmoochie said:

in the USA you need to be 18+ to buy pc duster just so you know.

To add to this in case people ask why, kids have used compressed air cans to get high.

Truthfully, do NOT use compressed air.. its a waste of money. Get yourself an electric data vac to clean it. It has more pressure to remove the dirt/dust and you wont be buying cans all the time and wasting money... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

To add to this in case people ask why, kids have used compressed air cans to get high.

my favorite example of this

If you're cleaning out case filters, fans, and heatsinks, I'm not gonna lie, but a brush works really well. Of course, you have to do a quick check and pull out any loose brush hairs, and make sure you don't touch the motherboard or any other delicate electronics (but I personally remove what i'm cleaning out of the pc so if you do too, then that's not an issue). I used to use canned air (and I still do for again, the electrical components like the motherboard) but I've just noticed that a brush is much better at removing the dust. Over time, as the dust cakes on, it can get kinda "stuck" there and for some reason, the canned air just doesn't really do a good job of removing it. So a brush is nice to have to just loosen up that stuck dust, then you can just blow it away.