Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RMA?

minato

What can I do with RMA if the seller says it has 3 years of warranty and he used it only for a year?

Also I don't think he registered the card on the Asus page.

Every answer will be much appreciated.

well if its not registered you can just tell them when you RMA it that you got it as a gift not long ago and have no receipt to prove the purchase date. most of the time they won't care. ive done this with out of warranty items before and no company has ever said anything to me.

5 hours ago, Speed Weed said:

Better check if the card is already registered on ASUS page. 

Will do, thank you. But what's the purpose of RMA?

5 hours ago, shmoochie said:

well if its not registered you can just tell them when you RMA it that you got it as a gift not long ago and have no receipt to prove the purchase date. most of the time they won't care. ive done this with out of warranty items before and no company has ever said anything to me.

Thank you for the information. But what exactly is the purpose of RMA? Like what benefits do I have from it?

4 minutes ago, minato said:

Thank you for the information. But what exactly is the purpose of RMA? Like what benefits do I have from it?

well an RMA is when you have a defective item you send it back and they send you a new one. if they find the item is not defective they just send you yours back or sometimes they don't even check and just send you a new one.

RMA is only for sending back an item with a manufacture defect, or if why its broken is covered in their warranty. 

so if your card just stopped working one day and its in warranty you get a new one for free, but say you are holding the card and drop it and it breaks. most of the time thats not covered by warranty

15 hours ago, shmoochie said:

well an RMA is when you have a defective item you send it back and they send you a new one. if they find the item is not defective they just send you yours back or sometimes they don't even check and just send you a new one.

RMA is only for sending back an item with a manufacture defect, or if why its broken is covered in their warranty. 

so if your card just stopped working one day and its in warranty you get a new one for free, but say you are holding the card and drop it and it breaks. most of the time thats not covered by warranty

Thank you for the clarification, very much!