Is this a good build?

1 minute ago, That_PC_Kid said:

Yeah if you have the money for it.

Okk! ??

Just now, Slottr said:

Is a 140$ wifi adapter really worth it

Not really... I was looking at a TP-Link adapter soon after I chose this one and the tp-link is only 45$CAD soooo yahh...

- Get a used 1080 or 1080 Ti instead of a 2070

- Get a RM750x PSU instead of a G3 750W

What's your PC being used for? Video editing, gaming, etc?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

2 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

- Get a used 1080 or 1080 Ti instead of a 2070

- Get a RM750x PSU instead of a G3 750W

What's your PC being used for? Video editing, gaming, etc?

4K video editing, multiple virtual machines (Kali, Win 10, Win 7, Android 7.0 and 8.0 for android development, ubuntu, and windows vista just for fun), programming, and obviously a little bit of gaming with that.

2 minutes ago, celoufran said:

4K video editing, multiple virtual machines (Kali, Win 10, Win 7, Android 7.0 and 8.0 for android development, ubuntu, and windows vista just for fun), programming, and obviously a little bit of gaming with that.

Then maybe the Threadripper 1920X (which goes on sale for $500 sometimes) might be a better option.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

Then maybe the Threadripper 1920X (which goes on sale for $500 sometimes) might be a better option.

I was thinking about it too. It's currently 545$ on amazon right now.

Honestly if you could afford this go with a thread ripper. But none the less if your not just trying to get some reactions, im jealous of this build!

You might not be able to front mount your AIO in that case, just to let you know. The GPU will be too long.

it's time

2 minutes ago, RollTime said:

You might not be able to front mount your AIO in that case, just to let you know. The GPU will be too long.

My friend bought exactly those parts excepted for the ram, psu and ssd and the 2070 wasn't too long...

24 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Is a 140$ wifi adapter really worth it

a mobo with onboard wifi and an extra adapter because... why not?

but who would actually win?

a $140 wireless card or a $14 network cable?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Don't get the OEM version of Win 10 Pro, get the full version And maybe try to get a cheaper Wi-Fi Card, there are ones that provide same speed and performance for cheaper price.

13 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

a mobo with onboard wifi and an extra adapter because... why not?

but who would actually win?

a $140 wireless card or a $14 network cable?

Send me the blog post about why you fucking hate video games

22 minutes ago, celoufran said:

My friend bought exactly those parts excepted for the ram, psu and ssd and the 2070 wasn't too long...

Fractal specifies a max gpu length limit of 315mm with the front fans mounted. The card is 280mm long. The H100i is 27mm thick. 315-27=288, leaving you with 8mm to spare. While it might fit, it may cause airflow issues with the fans, and it's going to be annoying to put in or take out. I'd go for a longer case to help mitigate these issues, or top mount the rad.

it's time

Your RAM is a little slow.

You don't need a wifi card, your board has it built in. (but you're probably overpaying for that board, and should get a cheaper one and then get a cheaper wifi card).

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018