Laptop hard disk replacement for newbie

TripleSY
Go to solution Solved by SuperCloneRanger,

Your laptop should be able to take any standard 2.5" hard drive, there's a version of it that came with a 1TB SSHD. I did look at the spec on the 2TB firecuda and it does not draw more power than any other drive. I'm also positive the bios can 'handle it'. I read the post on the lenovo forums and i'm pretty sure the guy messed up the formatting when he tried to clone his old drive. Just do a clean install of windows and you'll be fine. 

windows media creation tool:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Hi all 

I have started getting into computer tech only recently and only have basic knowledge

I want to replace the hard disc of my Lenovo Y50-70 touch 860m laptop from a WD (black or blue can't remember) 500 GB hard disc to a Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD. 
Is the drive compatible?

I'm excessively wondering because I saw a recent post on Lenovo's forums of a person who replaced his exact laptop with the Firecuda 2TB and he said it wasn't working. Others on the forum said that the bios might not be able to handle such a large drive or that the Firecuda required more power through the internal SATA connection than the laptop could provide. 

Could somebody help a newbie out? 

Some context: 

I cannot afford to buy the drive and test it out because my father is getting it from overseas trip and we can't return it if it doesn't work. 

I'm choosing a 2TB SSHD because i need the space for my laptop and I'm quite sure there is no expansion slots in my laptop like M.2 

Laptop specs 

Lenovo Y50-70 touch 

Intel(R) Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.5 GHz 

16 GB Ram

64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor 

GTX 860m 4GB VRAM

Your laptop should be able to take any standard 2.5" hard drive, there's a version of it that came with a 1TB SSHD. I did look at the spec on the 2TB firecuda and it does not draw more power than any other drive. I'm also positive the bios can 'handle it'. I read the post on the lenovo forums and i'm pretty sure the guy messed up the formatting when he tried to clone his old drive. Just do a clean install of windows and you'll be fine. 

windows media creation tool:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Thank you for the affirmation 
I'll be getting the drive later in the month so i'll try it out then and follow up then