PC refuses to turn on till i shutdown psu?

Flux Azreal
Go to solution Solved by Cyberspirit,

Had something similar happen to me before. You don't have to worry so long it doesn't happen often.

When i came back from school i pressed the power button on my pc and it started cycling retsart and after it cycled like 5 times it stopped cycling and just stayed on (i noticed from the cpu fan) but there was no video output and the ethernet cable lights were not on neither my mouse or keyboard (and nothing displayed to the monitor) i tried restarting it manule but same thing untill i fliped the off switch in my psu and fliped it on again then i press the power button and it fixed it should i be concerned about this?

Just now, boopymoron said:

When i came back from school i pressed the power button on my pc and it started cycling retsart and after it cycled like 5 times it stopped cycling and just stayed on (i noticed from the cpu fan) but there was no video output and the ethernet cable lights were not on neither my mouse or keyboard (and nothing displayed to the monitor) i tried restarting it manule but same thing untill i fliped the off switch in my psu and fliped it on again then i press the power button and it fixed it should i be concerned about this?

Might have been some power left in some capacitors(keeping some parts of your MB powered), I don't think you have to worry about anything yet.

Had something similar happen to me before. You don't have to worry so long it doesn't happen often.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Similar thing happened to me recently, I found resetting the CMOS worked for me.