Corsair's New video announces "MX RGB Gaming Keyboard"

Muffinator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwc3d4KFFds

I think it looks pretty sweet! However I don't like how it's "on Corsair only".

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

can you get on ts3.wferr.com?

also they finally have RGB switches! i think it'll only be corsair only for a while.

If they have brown switches I'm sold. Might have to sacrifice buying a 780ti and get a 780 to afford some of the new things coming out.  :(

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Very nice keyboard. Watch next year they will add 18 g-keys to this keyboard and call it next gen.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Old news.

The MX RGB switch itself is old news but they never announced an actual keyboard and the video itself is new.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

The MX RGB switch itself is old news but they never announced an actual keyboard and the video itself is new.

True. I will sell my k70 and get an RGB k70 when they come out if they have mx blue versions.

Goddamn... i am  buying the k70 RGB so hard :wub:

So hard...

Just my honest opinion.. i am glad that the keyboard industry is moving forward and keep innovating. But i really don't care about RGB on keyboards, i am fine with just about any colour. I just want to be able to type when it's dark.. This is just my opinion,  still waiting for linus' unboxing and oveview on it, that might change my mind..

Intel Core i5 4670K | Sapphire R9 290 | Define R4 | Gigabyte Z87X-D3H | 8Gb Ballistix | Corsair RM650 | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | Seagate Barracuda 1TB |

Would love to be the owner of the: nAMDvidia Titation 3000 ultra-xt Platinum Edition :D

Why do people like k70s so much.

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

And I just got the K70 browns this boxing day.  :(

I guess I'll get this in blue switches (preferred that one but the K70 blues are sold out everywhere).

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I wasn't aware the keys of my K70 were "fully programmable". What does that mean ? That I can with software assign a task to any key like with mouse side buttons ? (lauch a programm, key combinations...)

I've been looking to pick up a mechanical keyboard for a while and this will probably be my first.  I want to program the Rainbow Road music to start when I log in! 

Can't wait for the Ducky Rainbow version!

Not sure how long it will be "On Corsair only"....

K70 with MX Blue RGB switches = happy me. 

AFAIK, the switch isn't going to be a Corsair exclusive as another company revealed an RGB keyboard of their own. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

K70 with MX Blue RGB switches = happy me. 

AFAIK, the switch isn't going to be a Corsair exclusive as another company revealed an RGB keyboard of their own. 

Yeah but is the LED built into the switch or not? I think that is the whole "innovative" scheme they are marketing.

That video gave me a seizure when it flashed "NEW!"

Lawsuit.

On a serious note, yeah the video isn't very well done IMO.

Yeah but is the LED built into the switch or not? I think that is the whole "innovative" scheme they are marketing.

The video makes it look like the LEDs are built into the PCB, with slight modifications to the switch to let light through. Good way of doing it instead of plugging the LED into the switch itself. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I agree. It's a great way to implement it.

Interested to see if you can change the colour for each key, as that could be really nice for media people.

For instance, imagine something like http://www.editorskeys.com/products/video-editing-keyboards/adobe-premiere-cc-keyboard/ with this setup. Could really help.

I agree. Never looked at it that way.

• 6 months later...