Steelseries Shift not typing correct keys

Made account only for this post I hope someone can help me.

Since last week I have some issues with my Steelseries Shift keyboard.
Basically, keyboard is swedish (nordic) layout that has been working fine for years but it stopped working properly
last week when I decided I wanted to try and actually use its functions again.

I installed Steelseries Engine 2.9 and cleaned the keyboard and the software installed properly but it fails to run with a 
"Database file cannot be created. Application will shutdown" error.

OS is 64bit Windows 10.

Ever since then I have also noticed the errors below when I type (attached picture is windows on-screen keyboard and tries to visualize the issues below):

1. The button for <> arrows next to left shift is now being treated as left shift leaving me unable to type the symbols
  2. Return key is not the usual 2 keys high, but 2 keys wide. 
  3. Upper Return key is now my new Asterisk key (tested by removing keys and pressing the switch under) but since the hardware button is 2 keys high, it means I press * and return at the same time, resulting in Return being entered.
  4. This means that * button is now Return.

The keyboard just seems to behave as if it has a different hardware key layout than what it has.
I tried installing on a W7 computer but there the application wont detect the keyboard and the same strange behaviour is happening.

I have tried to set every setting I can find in windows to swedish including removing all other input languages and all keys switch as they should but no setting fixes the above behaviour.

The keyboard is displaying the same weird behaviour on 3 different computers so I am not sure it can be fixed though I would like to find out what happened here.

If nothing else., if I can get the software running I should be able to reprogram keys which would probably alleviate my problems.

noname.png