Broken Cards

Savage Tech

I picked up this GTX 970 when I put it in my motherboard no matter what system it is the system will not turn on and both these systems have an 850 watt power supply that I test Hardware on. it seems like it stops the rest of the system from posting

33 minutes ago, Savage Tech said:

I picked up this GTX 970 when I put it in my motherboard no matter what system it is the system will not turn on and both these systems have an 850 watt power supply that I test Hardware on. it seems like it stops the rest of the system from posting

If you have power running to the card, and the system runs fine otherwise, then yes, I'd say something is wrong with the card

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

If you have power running to the card, and the system runs fine otherwise, then yes, I'd say something is wrong with the card

I knoe something is wrong with it I just don't know what 

usually start with power delivery of the GPU with a DMM and probe the power circuitry for break in trace/blown fuse/VRM power.

we cant magically tell you what faults are with the limited information provided. gtx 970 wont power up in two systems.

1 hour ago, Savage Tech said:

I knoe something is wrong with it I just don't know what 

It's broken....

fixing that sort of thing is going to require a component level repair and an intimate knowledge of the motherboard design and it will be much cheaper to toss and replace, than to try to repair.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.