DumaOS free variants

I have been looking into a way to improve my ping in some games and I believe it may be due to the servers choosing locations not physically near me. I know there are hardware-software combos like DumaOS that provide the ability to use some geo-restrictions, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a free, software specific way that this could be done. My download speed is very fast and never generally have internet problems. I do not believe it has anything to do with my internet connection itself as I am hard-wired in to a fibre internet connection.

CPUAMD 3800x; GPUASUS TUF RTX 3070; Motherboard: Asus Prime x570-Pro;

CPU Coolerbe quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3; RAMG.SKILL Ripjaws V 32 GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz;  

Case: NZXT H440; PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W; Storage: Intel 600P SSD 512GB, Segate Barracuda 2TB HDD @ 7200RPM

Depending on the game, it might just be the game's servers being bad, in which case nothing you can do on your end will make it better.

DumaOS is just a router OS (as far as I can tell), you'd need to run it on your router... and off the shelf routers don't let you do that. A lot of routers have native QoS settings though, you could take a look at those.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What router do you have and which games do you play?

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there.