Old Hard Drive

Boomstick

Hi, I have an old 250gb hard drive from when I was in the military but it wont boot. I get the attached message regardless if I choose safe mode, etc.. I was just looking for tips to try to access the information on it if anyone has any. 

Cheers!

Screenshot_20181025-233126_Video Player.jpg

Edited by Boomstick
Mb to gb

15 minutes ago, Boomstick said:

Hi, I have an old 250mb hard drive from when I was in the military but it wont boot. I get the attached message regardless if I choose safe mode, etc.. I was just looking for tips to try to access the information on it if anyone has any. 

Cheers!

Screenshot_20181025-233126_Video Player.jpg

probly something with the newer machines it hooked to what you should do is make a ubuntu bootable usb key then boot into ubuntu then use a file explorer to pull the data you want off it or you could do the same with windows 10 just set your windows 10 disk as a higher boot priort then mount it if need ed via partition manager 

since you are using modern hardawre, and that is an old drive, disable all of the uefi and go back to the good old fashioned legacy booting through the real biod, none of this uefi garbage

Sadness is the one true emotion, and happiness, well, that's just a lie, sadness is all many of us feel, and is all we need to feel, because having it any other way, would just be wrong, why be happy when you can just be miserable like myself. 

55 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

probly something with the newer machines it hooked to what you should do is make a ubuntu bootable usb key then boot into ubuntu then use a file explorer to pull the data you want off it or you could do the same with windows 10 just set your windows 10 disk as a higher boot priort then mount it if need ed via partition manager 

I'm going to try this tomorrow. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Shoe_Eater said:

since you are using modern hardawre, and that is an old drive, disable all of the uefi and go back to the good old fashioned legacy booting through the real biod, none of this uefi garbage

I will try this tomorrow. Thank you!