Boot issues

Justin90

So, a few days ago, my build was running great. Normal use, ran windows update when it popped up, installed the latest update for windows defender. Back to normal use until shut down for the night. Next morning after hitting power button the pc would power on,start to boot then shut itself off. It would then power back on and attempt to boot again and then shut off again. This cycle would repest until flipping the psu power switch off. Since then I have pulled the cmos,replaced the psu, and atm disconnected the cd drive and front panel usbs. I want to note that a few of the times it did boot fully into windows and I was able to see everything using my gpu and was able to do things for a few minutes before it shut itself off again. 

Build is as follows:

Mobo: asus a88x pro

Cpu: amd athlon 860k with hyper 212 evo cpu cooler

Ram: 2x8gb g.skills ripjaws x series ddr3 1600

Hdd: 2x WD caviar blue 1tb 7200rpm drives

Gpu: msi geforce gtx 750ti tiwn frozr oc edition 2gb)

Case: deepcool tesseract bf atx mid tower

Psu: brand new evga 500watt bronze bq 

Running windows 7 64bit. 

Mouse is a tecknet (sku gm299 and keyboard is steelseries apex 100

The very next time that you are able to get it to boot, try this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

Summary

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.  When it cannot repair the damage DISM should be run to fix as many errors as possible.

It wont stay power on long enough to run sfc. I couldnt even do a full scan with my anti virus when I was able to get in one time. Also as I said, everything was fine when I shut down so its got to be more of a hardware issue, but I don't know what else to check..

I would personnally try powering it on without the drive or gpu or anything that is not needed, and then slowly adding things one by one to see if something could be causing the sudden power cuts. and if you can get it to boot again, try to burn linux to a usb and see if it will boot to that, since that can tell you if it is a software/boot drive issue, or another hardware issue, also make sure you havent spilled milk on your pc like a person at school did once, because i dont think computers like milk. 

Sadness is the one true emotion, and happiness, well, that's just a lie, sadness is all many of us feel, and is all we need to feel, because having it any other way, would just be wrong, why be happy when you can just be miserable like myself. 

Already tried without the hdds, still did the same thing. I know nothing about linux, and have never spilled anything in my rig.