Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Compatibility

Jas99
 Share

Hello planning new build

will these parts have compatibility issues ie: not enough headers on mobo, space etc.

rog x470 i

nzxt kraken x62

corsair crystal 280x rgb

gigabyte Rx 580

Sea sonic focus plus gold psu

Please tell me if any issues 

thanks, in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try using this to create a nice list, once you do it gives you a permalink in the top left corner of the actual list that you can post here so people can see your hardware choices more easily: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ (It checks that parts are compatible with your chosen case/CPU socket as well)

 

That said, what CPU are you using in that? 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

 

Current Rig - i7 6950X - EVGA X99 Classified - 4x8GB 3200Mhz CL16 DDR4 - 2060 Super FE - 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB WD Blue SSD + 1TB MX500 - LG WH14NS40 BluRay Drive - EVGA 1000W G3 - Corsair Air 540 - Noctua iPPC NF-A14 3000 (rear) + 3x Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM (radiator) - LG 27UK650-W (27" 4K60hz) - Custom CPU/GPU Loop w/single 360mm rad - Windows 10

 

Project Rig (WIP) - Xeon I forgot the name of - NH-L12S - EVGA X99 Micro 2 - 4x4GB 2800MHz DDR4 - WX2100 2GB - 256GB 960 Evo - Flex-ATX PSU - Old Dell OEM case - Noctua 80mm fans - probably will be windows

 

Daily Devices:

(work laptop) MacBook Pro 15,4 - i7 4980HQ - 16GB DDR3L - Iris Pro/Radeon R9 M370X 2GB - 1TB SSD - macOS 12.3 Monterey   

iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB - iOS 15.4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Try using this to create a nice list, once you do it gives you a permalink in the top left corner of the actual list that you can post here so people can see your hardware choices more easily: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ (It checks that parts are compatible with your chosen case/CPU socket as well)

 

That said, what CPU are you using in that? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jas99 said:

Should be fine with that, I'd get a bit better SSD though. Try for a 250GB Samsung 860 Evo, I've seen them on sale for $55 lately and they're a m a z i n g (I have one, it's totally awesome). I'd also advise getting the 8GB 580, it'll do much better in games since with only 4GB you'll actually be limited by your VRAM, not the GPU itself as far as game settings go. Other than that looks bueno. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

 

Current Rig - i7 6950X - EVGA X99 Classified - 4x8GB 3200Mhz CL16 DDR4 - 2060 Super FE - 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB WD Blue SSD + 1TB MX500 - LG WH14NS40 BluRay Drive - EVGA 1000W G3 - Corsair Air 540 - Noctua iPPC NF-A14 3000 (rear) + 3x Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM (radiator) - LG 27UK650-W (27" 4K60hz) - Custom CPU/GPU Loop w/single 360mm rad - Windows 10

 

Project Rig (WIP) - Xeon I forgot the name of - NH-L12S - EVGA X99 Micro 2 - 4x4GB 2800MHz DDR4 - WX2100 2GB - 256GB 960 Evo - Flex-ATX PSU - Old Dell OEM case - Noctua 80mm fans - probably will be windows

 

Daily Devices:

(work laptop) MacBook Pro 15,4 - i7 4980HQ - 16GB DDR3L - Iris Pro/Radeon R9 M370X 2GB - 1TB SSD - macOS 12.3 Monterey   

iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB - iOS 15.4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the pc being used for ?

 

In my opinion you are spending too much in the wrong areas. You could easily cut costs to get a better gpu if you are going to be gaming.

Winter is Coming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Should be fine with that, I'd get a bit better SSD though. Try for a 250GB Samsung 860 Evo, I've seen them on sale for $55 lately and they're a m a z i n g (I have one, it's totally awesome). I'd also advise getting the 8GB 580, it'll do much better in games since with only 4GB you'll actually be limited by your VRAM, not the GPU itself as far as game settings go. Other than that looks bueno. 

Thanks but does the mobo have enough headers? Kind of worrying since it is a smaller board like on case product case it says it supports a 280 rad but does it actually 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

What is the pc being used for ?

 

In my opinion you are spending too much in the wrong areas. You could easily cut costs to get a better gpu if you are going to be gaming.

I rarely game, but mostly like productivity maybe light editing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jas99 said:

I rarely game, but mostly like productivity maybe light editing 

Then why not get a cheaper cooler (Or use stock) and get the 8 core R7 2700/X insead ? That cooler is overkill for Ryzen ?

Winter is Coming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Then why not get a cheaper cooler (Or use stock) and get the 8 core R7 2700/X insead ? That cooler is overkill for Ryzen ?

Good idea but do u see any potential issues I could come across building this system

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Then why not get a cheaper cooler (Or use stock) and get the 8 core R7 2700/X insead ? That cooler is overkill for Ryzen ?

Not for a Ryzen 7 2700X, it'll get to 85C in stress tests or opening reaaaaaally big assets in UE4 at stock settings on the stock cooler, and can still break 80C in bursts on my 280mm rad, though usually it maxes at 76 or so at 4.2Ghz under gaming load.

 

21 minutes ago, Jas99 said:

Thanks but does the mobo have enough headers? Kind of worrying since it is a smaller board like on case product case it says it supports a 280 rad but does it actually 

IDK, look on the spec sheet and count up the fan headers. If the NZXT AIO is like my EVGA one it should have headers for it's own fans, if not then fan splitters are easy to get and are like $6-10.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

 

Current Rig - i7 6950X - EVGA X99 Classified - 4x8GB 3200Mhz CL16 DDR4 - 2060 Super FE - 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB WD Blue SSD + 1TB MX500 - LG WH14NS40 BluRay Drive - EVGA 1000W G3 - Corsair Air 540 - Noctua iPPC NF-A14 3000 (rear) + 3x Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM (radiator) - LG 27UK650-W (27" 4K60hz) - Custom CPU/GPU Loop w/single 360mm rad - Windows 10

 

Project Rig (WIP) - Xeon I forgot the name of - NH-L12S - EVGA X99 Micro 2 - 4x4GB 2800MHz DDR4 - WX2100 2GB - 256GB 960 Evo - Flex-ATX PSU - Old Dell OEM case - Noctua 80mm fans - probably will be windows

 

Daily Devices:

(work laptop) MacBook Pro 15,4 - i7 4980HQ - 16GB DDR3L - Iris Pro/Radeon R9 M370X 2GB - 1TB SSD - macOS 12.3 Monterey   

iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB - iOS 15.4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some old words of wisdom: "if your motherboard costs more than your processor, you're doing it wrong"

 

Some adjustments:

Your SSD was cachless, I gave you more memory in your GPU, faster RAM, saved you money on a motherboard, and gave you mass storage, all for cheaper than your original build.

 

 

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

Not for a Ryzen 7 2700X, it'll get to 85C in stress tests or opening reaaaaaally big assets in UE4 at stock settings on the stock cooler, and can still break 80C in bursts on my 280mm rad, though usually it maxes at 76 or so at 4.2Ghz under gaming load.

He can go with something like a Cryorig H7 if the stock one is running too hot. Looking at prices in Canada the R7 2700 is $50 odd cheaper than the 2700X so I would go with that cpu.

Winter is Coming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×