Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Very confusing high ping problem.

IndioBravo
 Share

Hey everyone,

 

I´ve been trying to solve this issue already for a couple of weeks.

 

Summary:

 

I used to play League of Legends with 75ms ping, and since a few days ago it got stuck on 114ms, which is disgusting for ranking in diamond.

 

I spoke to RIOT and they said it was my ISP, I spoke to my ISP and they say it is RIOT´s fault.

 

 

Now, since you guys are the all knowing here, if someone can solve this it is you.

 

Here are the TRACERT for 2 LAN servers.

 

 

Thanks for the help!

 

 

AGAIN, this just happened spontaniously while playing a LoL game, it kind of froze, rose from 75ms to 400ms, and then got stuck on 114ms.

 

PD: This just happens in LoL, while playing rainbow 6 siege, my ping is 75ms.

Tracert RIOT LAN 1.png

Tracert RIOT LAN 2.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Pablo Molina said:

Hey everyone,

 

I´ve been trying to solve this issue already for a couple of weeks.

 

Summary:

 

I used to play League of Legends with 75ms ping, and since a few days ago it got stuck on 114ms, which is disgusting for ranking in diamond.

 

I spoke to RIOT and they said it was my ISP, I spoke to my ISP and they say it is RIOT´s fault.

 

 

Now, since you guys are the all knowing here, if someone can solve this it is you.

 

Here are the TRACERT for 2 LAN servers.

 

 

Thanks for the help!

 

 

AGAIN, this just happened spontaniously while playing a LoL game, it kind of froze, rose from 75ms to 400ms, and then got stuck on 114ms.

 

PD: This just happens in LoL, while playing rainbow 6 siege, my ping is 75ms.

Tracert RIOT LAN 1.png

Tracert RIOT LAN 2.png

I believe your ISP customer support is a bit newbs. Actually this doesen't have to be RIOT or ISP's fault. This can simply be based on what server you are playing on. Where in the world you are connectiong to.

 

Let's say. I play fortnite on a 1G connection. If i play in europa since i'm from there. I'll have an alright ping. If i then change server to let's say Brasil or somewhere on the otherside of the globe my ping will raise. Ping can also raise if serval connections are going out/in from/to your house at the same time.

 

The best way to find out things like this is to do a speedtest. Go to speedtest.net or any other site you prefer. Connect to a server that is close to you. Check that you get the speed you pay for and no higer than 5ms in ping. If this is the case the above is your problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2018 at 1:07 AM, AbsoluteFool said:

I believe your ISP customer support is a bit newbs. Actually this doesen't have to be RIOT or ISP's fault. This can simply be based on what server you are playing on. Where in the world you are connectiong to.

 

Let's say. I play fortnite on a 1G connection. If i play in europa since i'm from there. I'll have an alright ping. If i then change server to let's say Brasil or somewhere on the otherside of the globe my ping will raise. Ping can also raise if serval connections are going out/in from/to your house at the same time.

 

The best way to find out things like this is to do a speedtest. Go to speedtest.net or any other site you prefer. Connect to a server that is close to you. Check that you get the speed you pay for and no higer than 5ms in ping. If this is the case the above is your problem.

Yeah, actually everything else is fine, speed test, other games and such. The problem is only present in LoL.

 

The thing is that i´ve tried several devices and concluded that the problem is my own network. But the problem is not local, but rather international when arriving to the ORLANDO server. But again, it only happens with my network, my friends´ network is totally fine, comming from the same ISP. They have 65ms in the same server where I have 97ms.

 

Is there a way I can change the route or trace I follow?

 

Since this was fine a few days ago and just changed suddenly, my guess is something happened in that specific part that rose my ping and got it stuck there. 

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Pablo Molina said:

Yeah, actually everything else is fine, speed test, other games and such. The problem is only present in LoL.

 

The thing is that i´ve tried several devices and concluded that the problem is my own network. But the problem is not local, but rather international when arriving to the ORLANDO server. But again, it only happens with my network, my friends´ network is totally fine, comming from the same ISP. They have 65ms in the same server where I have 97ms.

 

Is there a way I can change the route or trace I follow?

 

Since this was fine a few days ago and just changed suddenly, my guess is something happened in that specific part that rose my ping and got it stuck there. 

 

Thanks!

In this case the problem would be what server you connect to at RIOT. Not really much that can be done about that. However if you are on wireless connection a cable would be a positive impact on your ping. (But since you're playing games i guess you already use Cat5e or cat6 cable.) And therefore leaves you with very little to no options at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×