Gpu Usage at 0%?

PvtFluffy

I just purchased a 1070Ti to replace my existing 960 and now when playing games (overwatch,monster hunter world) I’ve noticed that while playing in task manager my gpu utilization is at 0-2% the odd part is I haven’t seen any performance decreases in my games they definitely aren’t exceeding my expectations with such an upgrade but at least it’s not worse. Does anyone know why it’s doing this?

Yea I wouldn't trust windows task manager for that either. However the cause, I would guess, has to be something to do with driver compatibility issue and windows.

check your GPU use with MSI Afterburner or GPU-Z, or heck even the NVIDIA control panel view from your driver software (or w/e it's called I haven't had a team-green card in a while).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 12:10 PM, PvtFluffy said:

I just purchased a 1070Ti to replace my existing 960 and now when playing games (overwatch,monster hunter world) I’ve noticed that while playing in task manager my gpu utilization is at 0-2% the odd part is I haven’t seen any performance decreases in my games they definitely aren’t exceeding my expectations with such an upgrade but at least it’s not worse. Does anyone know why it’s doing this?

Having the same issue in MHW, MsiAfterburner indicates that my GPU drops to 0% and I get stutters in-game

i7-4790k & gtx 960

The temps are fine, GPU is 60 C underload

GPU drops  to 0% otherwise it is at a constant 100% usage while my CPU is at 50% usage

if you found a solution for this problem, please tell me : )

I want to play the game smoothly for Kulve Taroth lol