Vape doesn't power up?

Underi

Hey. I bought a used vape a couple of months ago, it's the koopor 200w plus. It worked fine for some time, but then it stopped turning on. I had no idea why. Thought that the switch on the board went bad, I opened the thing up and it was full of gunk and shit. I ordered some new switches, which weren't what I ordered and didn't fit. I got them soldered anyways by bending the pins a bit.

I tried powering it on, but now I realized it doesn't draw any current.

As soon as you put the batteries in, the screen should light up and say "koopor", but now it doesn't do anything. The batteries are fine and the wiring is okay until the circuit. But I have no idea what is wrong with it. There shouldn't be any short circuits, the board looks fine and it worked perfectly fine before. Now it suddenly doesn't do anything.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

good

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

17 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

good

I guess you are one of those "Vaping is gay, you'd be better off destroying your lungs with cigarettes" people?

18 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Dead controller chip or blown fuse.

Afaik there is no fuse, unless it's under loads of some kind of insulation. A dead chip would mean it's gg for me. I hope it isn't that, although the pins on the controller don't look too good. It's as if they were corroded 

My stuff:

Spoiler

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Never let leaked juice sit in your mod, many flavoring additives are mildly corrosive and will damage the PCB/solder over time.

The fuse/fuses would be SMT type, they look similar to resistors.

27 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

good

I'd rather smoke something that I made rather than any pre-roled cig, and I am not giving up my nic.  I build my own coils and make my own juice using lab quality components and ingredients, I know exactly whats going into my lungs.

I imagine you could not even list what went into your breakfast.

Just now, KarathKasun said:

Never let leaked juice sit in your mod, many flavoring additives are mildly corrosive and will damage the PCB/solder over time.

The fuse/fuses would be SMT type, they look similar to resistors.

Yeah, thing is, this vape is used so the old owner has probably not cared. The vape was pretty bad condition in overall. Best thing about this thing was how the battery case had broken into pieces so he had melted the plastic and stuck it in there. After I got it out completely I realized it was full of dried up e-liquid.

There is some kind of a melted plastic cap on the circuit, no idea what it is. There's no markings on the board for it either.

IMG_20181023_093335.jpg

My stuff:

Spoiler