Reseting PC stuck at 10%

Textosterone

I'm about to sell my PC but its stuck reseting at 10% the HDD activity light is currently on but not flashing or anything. 

I had about 500 GB of data on that drive but does it really take 4 hours to delete?

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I guess youre trying to wipe a non-boot drive? With what program? Can you retry the wipe? At ~100MB/s overwriting it takes about 2-3 hours to wipe.

1 minute ago, Olaf6541 said:

I guess youre trying to wipe a non-boot drive? With what program? Can you retry the wipe? At ~100MB/s overwriting it takes about 2-3 hours to wipe.

its the reset tool in windows that auto wipes and re installs windows. 

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Okay so aborting and retrying would be an issue then I assume? Im unfamiliar with that tool so maybe someone else knows more about it, but wiping 500GB can take a while.

Format you drive and install windows without product key if you want to sell your PC.

12 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Format you drive and install windows without product key if you want to sell your PC.

If you have a second computer you can attach the disk there, wipe it, and install a fresh windows.

If you dont have a second computer: install windows from the disk (just new install) then boot into windows and wipe the rest of the free space that is left (and thus not overwritten yet).