De-lid my CPU?

I've seen such good results from people delidding CPU's and replacing with better compound or liquid metal. I have the i7 6850K would it be worth delidding?

Main Desktop  Mac Mini M1 8c | Samsung Odessey G8 OLED

Laptop MacBook Pro 14 inch | M3 Pro 11c | 18GB RAM | 512GB SSD

Phone iPhone 15 Pro Max

Camera Canon EOS R | EF-S 10-18mm | Helios 44-2 58mm | EF 35mm

Just now, GrumpyNoodles said:

I've seen such good results from people delidding CPU's and replacing with better compound or liquid metal. I have the i7 6850K would it be worth delidding?

if you want to overclock further and you have enough cooling to get better thermals from delitting it, yes.

if you dont have that or just dont want to be that risky, you shouldn't

The 6th gen HEDT CPUs are actually soldered, so you'd have to really be pushing the limits to need a delid for it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

The 6th gen HEDT CPUs are actually soldered, so you'd have to really be pushing the limits to need a delid for it.

Ah I see I didn't know it was soldered. To be honest I don't really know the limits of this cpu temps aren't really a problem (idles at 35 and under load it maxes out at 58) just wanted to know if i can push past 4GHz on all cores in a safer way

Phone iPhone 15 Pro Max

2 minutes ago, GrumpyNoodles said:

Ah I see I didn't know it was soldered. To be honest I don't really know the limits of this cpu temps aren't really a problem (idles at 35 and under load it maxes out at 58) just wanted to know if i can push past 4GHz on all cores in a safer way

Delidding and safety are as far apart as it gets. You can definitely get over 4 with a good radiator.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Delidding and safety are as far apart as it gets. You can definitely get over 4 with a good radiator.

Do i just have a really good chip? I feel like a 140W CPU at 4Ghz would kill my H80i V2 because my 2500K at 95 watts(4.2 GHz) ran the thing at 80-85 under load

Phone iPhone 15 Pro Max

6 minutes ago, GrumpyNoodles said:

Do i just have a really good chip? I feel like a 140W CPU at 4Ghz would kill my H80i V2 because my 2500K at 95 watts(4.2 GHz) ran the thing at 80-85 under load

Are you already at 4GHz with this chip? If you're running stock with the H80i and getting those great temps, you can probably already start to push it and find out how far you can get. A single rad isn't much but if you have a gold sample on your hands and you never knew it, it will surprise you when you go for low voltages.

Primary PC: