Sudden screen freeze but mouse still responsive

DND

Hey guys I'm experiencing sudden screen freezes when playing games an sometimes when my desktop is idle but most of the time I experience this when I'm playing.

Specs:

i5-4690k @ stock

Asus Z97-K

Samsung 750 Evo 250GB

WD Caviar black 2tb 7200rpm(newly bought since my last wd blue is in the brink of death)

MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X @ stock

Seasonic M12II 620W

I've currently had a clean install of windows earlier, I've also tried re-seating the gpu, drives, sfc scan, checked disk health( all are healthy), haven't done a virus scan though since i just came from a fresh clean install of windows. I am also currently running a 3 monitor setup with a VC239H, PG248Q and some old compaq monitor, one thing to note also is that when i turn off my old compaq monitor my pg248q screen flickers but when i turn of g-sync the flickering goes away.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

When you say that your mouse is still responsive I am guessing it is outside the game, which would throw out extreme lag. When does it occur in the game? When you enter a new room? Randomly?

4 minutes ago, barondeau said:

When you say that your mouse is still responsive I am guessing it is outside the game, which would throw out extreme lag. When does it occur in the game? When you enter a new room? Randomly?

actually the whole screen freezes, i can move the mouse but when i try to close chrome for example its unresponsive even pressing alt+ctrl+delete won't response.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

Try to open task manager the next time it happens, Ctrl+Shift+Esc, or you could have it running on another monitor the entire time. In order to view your Performance and if one of them is maxing out the problem will be with that component 

4 minutes ago, barondeau said:

Try to open task manager the next time it happens, Ctrl+Shift+Esc, or you could have it running on another monitor the entire time. In order to view your Performance and if one of them is maxing out the problem will be with that component 

and just now it froze again.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, barondeau said:

Try to have task manager open before it happens 

currently doing that right now.

Spoiler