Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cannot install Windows

Zoltix

Hi there, I recently bought and put together my ryzen system but I am having an issue installing Windows 10 via Disc in my external DVD rom. The error says, "A media driver your computer needs is missing", then I have an option to browse for the driver or insert a flash drive with the driver. I have read that I need to try a different usb slot, I've tried all of them, then I dusted off my sata dvdrom and tried it in there and my problem persists. I have tried to insert my motherboard cd and look for drivers, I've installed all of the ones the installer detected. But still no luck. I've tried to unplug all of my other SATA drives apart from my SSD and cd rom. And I unplugged all USBs apart from my mouse and DVDROM  This is annoying.

Thankyou in advance.

Specs:

Amd Ryzen 5 2600

Cooler Master Master liquid ML120l RGB

T-Force Delta RGB 8gb 2x4 (3000mhz xmp)

Gigabyte Aorus M B450

Kingston A400 240gb SSD

1000 and 500gb hard drive

3 minutes ago, RobinD said:

might be easier to install from a flash drive 

Maybe, but my activated copy is on a cd

Do you have another device that you can use to install windows ?

There is a microsoft usb installer linked below, then you will need a iso also linked below.

follow the steps on the microsoft installer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO 

You should be able to use your activation key while setting up windows - make sure you install the right version that matches your activation key.

If not, you can proceed without a key but will have a watermark and won't be able to change the background.

5 minutes ago, RobinD said:

To activate a copy of Windows you just need a licence number. The software can be downloaded from microsoft (or a torrent).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Thank-you, but the only problem is my cd is slightly illegal and the key is baked into the installation, but I can go in activated

These forums do not encourage grey/black market copies of windows. So I will not give you a how to but if you google it you can very easily find steps on how to Torrent/ get a cracked version of windows. . 

Also depending how the CD was made you might be able to copy n paste it on to a flash drive but the issue could be this copy of Windows installer so maybe best to get a alt version

1 hour ago, RobinD said:

These forums do not encourage grey/black market copies of windows. So I will not give you a how to but if you google it you can very easily find steps on how to Torrent/ get a cracked version of windows. . 

Also depending how the CD was made you might be able to copy n paste it on to a flash drive but the issue could be this copy of Windows installer so maybe best to get a alt version

Ok thank-you, Linus pirates his windows lol

3 hours ago, Zoltix said:

Ok thank-you, Linus pirates his windows lol

This may be truth, who knows, but at least he don't ask for help on forum. :)