FH3 runs terrible since 1809 update

FH3 runs terrible on my raid HDD i thought it was because the raid was rebuilding and both drives are 100% activity so i thought no big deal and download the game on my 120GB SSD and it plays better but it will lag spike sometimes and sometimes it stays lagging and i am not able to use the whole computer anymore. I also see that my gpu is going from 9% to 45% to 9% and to 90% multiple times in a couple of seconds before i installed the 1809 Windows 10 update it played fine but other games that i have are not affected in any way whatsover. Oh and also ram usage is 7.6GB/8GB, yes i know that it isn't enough i am getting another 8gb kit but even with this amount of ram it played fine.

Edit: CPU is around 20-30% and all temps are normal around 50-60c.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 1600

GTX 1050 Ti

2x4GB 2666MHz HyperX Fury DDR4

2x2TB WD Green 5400RPM Drives (in raid 1

2x120GB Kingston SSD's

Windows 10 Pro 1809 17763.55

12 minutes ago, OVD123 said:

but it will lag spike sometimes and sometimes it stays lagging and i am not able to use the whole computer anymore. I also see that my gpu is going from 9% to 45% to 9% and to 90% multiple times in a couple of seconds before i installed the 1809 Windows 10 update it played fine but other games that i have are not affected in any way whatsover. Oh and also ram usage is 7.6GB/8GB, yes i know that it isn't enough i am getting another 8gb kit but even with this amount of ram it played fine. 

You need more RAM. You're running out of RAM and relying on the pagefile which will cause significant performance loss and the lag spikes and freezes that you've described.

Until you upgrade your RAM, try closing any background programs you have running to reduce the RAM usage. Browsers such as Chrome running in the background can chew up a lot of memory.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

You need more RAM. You're running out of RAM and relying on the pagefile which will cause significant performance loss and the lag spikes and freezes that you've described.

Until you upgrade your RAM, try closing any background programs you have running to reduce the RAM usage. Browsers such as Chrome running in the background can chew up a lot of memory.

How could i suddenly getting so much performance drop with the update 1809 with the same amount of ram and ram usage?

3 minutes ago, OVD123 said:

How could i suddenly getting so much performance drop with the update 1809 with the same amount of ram and ram usage?

Check your pagefile settings and make sure the pagefile is still set to the SSD drives. The windows update may have changed the settings and set the pagefile to the slower HDDs.

There is likely some hardware reserved RAM so with your 8GB of RAM, usage of 7.6GB is probably the maximum you'll see as being used in Windows... It's possible that since the update it is now relying more heavily on the pagefile than it was before - something you wouldn't notice just from looking at the RAM usage since you were already using the full available capacity.

Close unnecessary programs, look at what programs are set to run at start up and disable anything not required, and see if there is anything chewing up more resources than normal. Lowing in game settings may help as well.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Check your pagefile settings and make sure the pagefile is still set to the SSD drives. The windows update may have changed the settings and set the pagefile to the slower HDDs.

There is likely some hardware reserved RAM so with your 8GB of RAM, usage of 7.6GB is probably the maximum you'll see as being used in Windows... It's possible that since the update it is now relying more heavily on the pagefile than it was before - something you wouldn't notice just from looking at the RAM usage since you were already using the full available capacity.

Close unnecessary programs, look at what programs are set to run at start up and disable anything not required, and see if there is anything chewing up more resources than normal. Lowing in game settings may help as well.

I just checked and the pagefile was indeed set to the slow raid i have now set it to my SSD

1 minute ago, OVD_NL said:

I just checked and the pagefile was indeed set to the slow raid i have now set it to my SSD

That should help a little. Maybe the update reset pagefile settings which wouldn't surprise me - 1809 has been doing some strange things.

Load up the game and see if that improves the situation, but also try and follow my tips about closing unnecessary programs to reduce your memory usage as well and hopefully you won't need to rely on the pagefile at all.