Ubuntu fan control software for Mac?

Hey, I've got a 2017 13" MacBook Pro running the latest version of Ubuntu. I've managed to get the keyboard, trackpad, WiFi etc... drivers installed but one thing I am struggling with the most is getting the fans to kick in. I've been doing a lot of research and I still cannot find any way of controlling the fans. I've tried installing "fancon" and it literally does nothing at all. Any ideas? (in case you're wondering, I need the fans as I'm doing virtualisation on VMware Player).
Thank you! 

7 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

this is a thing: https://github.com/dgraziotin/mbpfan

but TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! your model isn't listed in the tested models section, so it could not work or even break your macbook! 

again, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Thank you! Much appreciated. Silly question but, how could this break my Macbook? or... is it just to cover them selves in case anything goes wrong?

Just now, Aztec said:

Thank you! Much appreciated. Silly question but, how could this break my Macbook? or... is it just to cover them selves in case anything goes wrong?

if it doesn't work properly it could not spin up the fans at all regardless of temperature, so your macbook would overheat. 

She/Her

that's not the only thing that can go wrong, it could also corrupt stuff like the smc, etc. there are a lot of things that can go wrong. 

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

if it doesn't work properly it could not spin up the fans at all regardless of temperature, so your macbook would overheat. 

Ahh I see! Makes sense. I'll check it out anyway and will be careful. 

2 minutes ago, Aztec said:

Ahh I see! Makes sense. I'll check it out anyway and will be careful. 

it can also corrupt the smc among other things on the board of the macbook, so again, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...

She/Her

7 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

it can also corrupt the smc among other things on the board of the macbook, so again, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...

Ohh, thanks for letting me know!