ASUS K53E Semi-Performance Laptop

k_jonsie_

I bought this machine a year ago for the purpose of budget gaming, and so far, its done nicely, with a few problems.  First off, I want to point out that I do know that this laptop was never marked a performance machine, and that the cost was only $450.  So, performance wise, I'd say its a meh-tier machine because of it's limited capabilities.  It's sporting an Intel core i5 2450m @ 2.5GHz but with a little fiddling, I tweaked it to 2.7 GHz.  Also it has 4 GB of RAM, a 440 GB HDD, and a 15.6" 1366x768 display.  I think that ASUS did a decent job on this kind of price point whereas other machines were stuck with i3s and less ram.  Gaming performance?  Surprisingly, it does pretty well.  Sure, you have to lower settings on most games, but if playing at ultra complete "balls to the wall" performance, you won't get it here.  I can play some games Medium-Low settings with render distances pretty high @ 15-40 FPS.  I can run Planetside 2 at low ish settings and get 25 FPS and games like Team Fortress 2 at high settings and get 30-50 FPS.  So it really depends on what games you want to play.  Temps?  Whoo boy this baby can get toasty sometimes.  I'm talking upper 80s and low 90s.  (kind of sad that I've been able to make smores by setting marshmallows at the exhaust)  Battery?  Again, Meh.  Definitely not all day.  I have to live by an outlet for this guy.  Watching videos with the screen dim, you may be able to pull of 3-4 hours.  Gaming/High performance, you're looking at .75-1.5 hours.

PC:  Asus K53E    Camera:   Nikon D3100

Asus make awesome laptops.

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s