GT 630 vs GT 710

Rohan Shah

Hello guys I am in kinda of dilemma right now. I have Core2duo E7500 @2.93GHz running off a 400W power supply without any GPU. But today I have got a chance to get one!!. I have to choose from either GT 630 (DDR3 2gb 96 CUDA) and GTX 650 Ti (GDDR5 1gb 768 CUDA). Also note my motherboard had PCIe x16 v1.0 slot. I'm worried about 2 things- one is although 650Ti has greater power it is only 1gb and secondly will my 400W PSU be competent for it to run. If these two issues get solved I'll go with 650Ti. So considering my PSU, CPU and PCIe v1.0 slot which GPU do you think will give more FPS in most of the games? The choice is as once made cannot be reverted. Pls help me ASAP. I have only today and tomorrow.....

Thanks in advance...

PS- Multiple advices are welcome....

650ti for sure you wont be able to play many new games well but its a gfx card better then none, 400w PSU should be fine 

i7-8700k @ 5GHz || MSI Z370 Sli Plus || Gigabyte G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 || 250GB 970 EVO NVMe SSD, 250GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Black HDD, 4TB WD Blue HDD

Corsair Vengeance RGB CL141818 3200Mhz 2x8GB || Corsair Obsidian 500d RGB SE || Corsair H150i || Corsair RM750x || Acer Predator XB241H, Acer G257HL

4 minutes ago, Picklestine said:

650ti for sure you wont be able to play many new games well but its a gfx card better then none, 400w PSU should be fine 

Thanx so much but will 1gb memory do the work?

its not great but its way better then the 630

i7-8700k @ 5GHz || MSI Z370 Sli Plus || Gigabyte G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 || 250GB 970 EVO NVMe SSD, 250GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Black HDD, 4TB WD Blue HDD

Corsair Vengeance RGB CL141818 3200Mhz 2x8GB || Corsair Obsidian 500d RGB SE || Corsair H150i || Corsair RM750x || Acer Predator XB241H, Acer G257HL

Just now, Picklestine said:

its not great but its way better then the 630

Totally agree with you. Thanx so much bro... (from India)

Just out of curiosity... why did you write "gtx 710" in the title if it's about a 650ti?

Either way the 650ti is infinitely better than the 630, I agree.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Earlier there was 710 in potion but later it wan't available and forgot to remove from the title??

8 minutes ago, Rohan Shah said:

Earlier there was 710 in potion but later it wan't available and forgot to remove from the title??

It's just as well.  The GT 710 is convenient for getting triple monitors working cheaply on an office PC, but it's not at all a gaming card.  Of the options you're looking at, the GTX 650 Ti is definitely the best choice if you want to do any gaming.