2600X vs 2600

Demm
Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,
3 minutes ago, Demm said:

Anyways.. This is horrible - why would they pinch it as 4.2 boost if it's not on all cores? Dumb AMD.

because, that how Intel does it, thats how everyone does it. its industry standard. nothign specific to AMD.

4 minutes ago, Demm said:

But a friend of mine suggested I get the X470 since AMD say that it can be used for their next CPUs + the better RAM support. Is it worth it?

all AM4 mobos (that includes A320-B350-X370-B450-X470) can be used with next gen CPU untill 4000 series Ryzen, as long as they have the newest BIOS installed.

a good B450 board is as good or better than a cheap X470 board. you need to chip out about 150+$ before an X470 is worth it

Hello good peeps.

I am looking to upgrade my computer, and have stopped on the Ryzen 2600X. However I am wondering why everybody is overclocking the 2600X to 4.2GHz, if the boost is already 4.2GHz? What's the point?

If there is a difference between 4.2OC and 4.2 Boost, then what is it? What am I not getting? Since if there is, then I would prefer getting the 2600(non-X) and then the ARCTIC Freezer 33 ESports cooler.

Furthermore, what do you guys think if I got the Intel 8500. In my country Ram+8500+Mobo costs as much as the 2600X+Mobo+Ram.

Thank you for your help in advance. I appreciate any feedback.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

get the 2600 + B450 tomahawk + cooler.

the 4,2 ghz overclock involves all cores  running at 4,2 ghz. meanwhile the 4,2 boost only onvolves 1 or 2 cores. 

15 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

get the 2600 + B450 tomahawk + cooler.

the 4,2 ghz overclock involves all cores  running at 4,2 ghz. meanwhile the 4,2 boost only onvolves 1 or 2 cores. 

Damn, the B450 tomahawk looks good.

Anyways.. This is horrible - why would they pinch it as 4.2 boost if it's not on all cores? Dumb AMD.

But a friend of mine suggested I get the X470 since AMD say that it can be used for their next CPUs + the better RAM support. Is it worth it?

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

Damn, the B450 tomahawk looks good.

Intel also advertises single core boosts as the offcial boost clock speeds, not something that only one party does. As for X470 vs B450, depends on the price difference I'd say, if it's a pretty small difference then sure why not.

3 minutes ago, Demm said:

because, that how Intel does it, thats how everyone does it. its industry standard. nothign specific to AMD.

all AM4 mobos (that includes A320-B350-X370-B450-X470) can be used with next gen CPU untill 4000 series Ryzen, as long as they have the newest BIOS installed.

a good B450 board is as good or better than a cheap X470 board. you need to chip out about 150+$ before an X470 is worth it

I see.

How about Multi-core enhancement? Doesn't this enhance all cores? Because when looking at the i5 8400 for example.. it says stock 2.8GHz, which I think its really weak, and yet it outperforms the 2600 by a bit.