ryzen 2600 overclocking

Hey i just started overclocking my computer and have some questions, i have a AMD RYZEN 5 2600  with a be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Air Cooler, 250W TDP on a MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC AM4 with CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Desktop Memory Model CMK16GX4M2A2666C16. i watched a youtube video on overclocking and change my settings to this: CPU ratio: 40.00 and i have my memory at xmp profile 2 and my cpu core voltage 1.3500v. before i  am thinking about changing my cpu ratio to 42.00 do i need to change the cpu core voltage also should i enable Precision Boost Overdrive.

Disable all software performance boost on BIOS.

OC is trial and error. Up coreclock untill it fails a stresstest. Up the voltage untill its stable and continue upping clockspeed. Rince and repeat. 

I Wouldnt go above 1,38 volts on that mobo, but you should not go above 1,42 volts.

so i should try increase my CPU ratio to 42.00 then stress test with CINEBENCH_R15 to see if stable and if not stable increase CPU core voltage from 1.3500v to something in the range of 1.3600v to 1.3800v. 1.4000v at max if required or should go vise versa playing around with the core voltage first. also why should i disable Precision boost right now i think its on auto and is  1.3800v considered alot do you think it will jack up my energy bill.

I have my R5-1600 at 1.37v, but it seems to go to 1.405 occasionally. Should be fine for the 2600

I make intelligent lights do cool things

4 hours ago, JacTech17 said:

so i should try increase my CPU ratio to 42.00 then stress test with CINEBENCH_R15 to see if stable and if not stable increase CPU core voltage from 1.3500v to something in the range of 1.3600v to 1.3800v. 1.4000v at max if required or should go vise versa playing around with the core voltage first. also why should i disable Precision boost right now i think its on auto and is  1.3800v considered alot do you think it will jack up my energy bill.

Even when it passes a cinebench run, try putting a higher or longer load with realbench and prime 95 for 15 min or so.

I got the same cpu but realized after stresstesting it with realbench and prime 95 its not stable after all