Switching parts

Txe

When i switched my case from the silverstone rl06 to the Fractal Design Define r6 I started around 7:50 and ended around 9:50 and i was suprised it worked well not on the first try it kept on turning off after passing the asus logo in the bios but after a little bit it worked and this was only the second time i actually handled a computer the first time was like 3 months ago when i switched a motherboard an a power supply on my pc and that took me from 2:00pm to like 7 or 8pm 

but i had a little help from my dad because IO shield most annoying thing in the world and something broke off so superglue but i digress the one tip my dad gave me was take your time and work with one thing at a time and i shortened the time by like 75% i am curios has anyone given you a tip in building or anything in fact to shorten the time it took by a huge amount

On 10/14/2018 at 12:24 AM, Txe said:

When i switched my case from the silverstone rl06 to the Fractal Design Define r6 I started around 7:50 and ended around 9:50 and i was suprised it worked well not on the first try it kept on turning off after passing the asus logo in the bios but after a little bit it worked and this was only the second time i actually handled a computer the first time was like 3 months ago when i switched a motherboard an a power supply on my pc and that took me from 2:00pm to like 7 or 8pm 

but i had a little help from my dad because IO shield most annoying thing in the world and something broke off so superglue but i digress the one tip my dad gave me was take your time and work with one thing at a time and i shortened the time by like 75% i am curios has anyone given you a tip in building or anything in fact to shorten the time it took by a huge amount

Make a plan ahead of time

Be organized

Stay logical

Execute

Example: I need to switch this X into that Y.

I know that I need to put this X into that Y.

I'd start with looking at both systems and seeing what would be necessary to remove, and what would help the process if removed.

When I start taking stuff out, keep parts neat and organized. ESD sensitive parts go on antistatic bags or mats. Screws and other small devices go into a tray or organizer.

Everything I need to complete the swap I already have. Be it cable ties, screwdrivers, cables, other tools and accessories, I know where they are and where they need to go.

Of course, practice makes perfect, so get to know your pc by taking it apart and putting it back again!

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.