asus prime x370 pro

gigabyte aorus 1080ti

g.skill ripjaw v 2x8gb 3200MHz

samsung 860evo 500gb ssd

wd blue 2tb

friend's computer:

2700x

asus prime x470 pro

geforce gtx 1080ti (ref card, not sure on other specs than that)

g.skill trident z rgb 2x16gb 3200MHz

wd green 240gb ssd

wd blue 1tb

ok so the problem is that my friend got black ops 4 and when he installed and launched it and at the intro cutscene it crashes. i tried it on mine and it worked fine. 

we tried everything with his, unistalling battle.net app, uninstalling the game different ways, i checked to make sure his ram was in d.o.c.p. we are at a loss and have no idea what to do next.

any advice would be great. 

2 hours ago, kampfer5191 said:

any advice would be great.

It appears to be a problem with thousands of people. You need to contact the creators of the game to fix the issue. I'm thinking they are working on a fix right now and you basically have to wait for an update. Until then, to be able to play, I would try to lower all your settings to medium and see if the game runs.

8 hours ago, TopHatTom said:

GPU Drivers would be my first guess. 

oh sorry forgot to mention i was running 411.70 and my friend was running 416.36, which is what the dev says is the driver suited for the game.

6 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

It appears to be a problem with thousands of people. You need to contact the creators of the game to fix the issue. I'm thinking they are working on a fix right now and you basically have to wait for an update. Until then, to be able to play, I would try to lower all your settings to medium and see if the game runs.

hoe can you lower the settings if he can't even get to the main menu screen?

1 hour ago, kampfer5191 said:

hoe can you lower the settings if he can't even get to the main menu screen?

Go into your NVidia control panel by right clicking on your desktop background. From there, click on manage 3D settings. Then click on program settings and find Black Ops IIII. From there, you can lower the settings. Let me know if the game runs after doing this and make sure to put them on medium or normal.

56 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

Go into your NVidia control panel by right clicking on your desktop background. From there, click on manage 3D settings. Then click on program settings and find Black Ops IIII. From there, you can lower the settings. Let me know if the game runs after doing this and make sure to put them on medium or normal.

i sent my friend the instructions to see if it'll help him.

i do think it's weird it works on my pc and not his. seeing as how his has a much stronger cpu, but he also streams and has a lot of programs for that

51 minutes ago, kampfer5191 said:

i do think it's weird it works on my pc and not his. seeing as how his has a much stronger cpu, but he also streams and has a lot of programs for that

It's because it's a known issue with the game right now. The more people send in tickets explaining the issue, the sooner they can release a patch to fix it.

Your friend could be using different audio drivers. Which people are saying could be the culprit of this crashing issue. But the fix for the audio drivers I wouldn't recommend starting with. You have to go into your device manager and delete the sound drivers completely then run the game and then once you have passed the opening video, you can go back in and roll back or update your drivers. Not something I would be doing to my PC(only because I've never done it before) but if he wants, he could try doing this.

There's also another troubleshooting step he could try for the crashing issue. He can try and go into the installation directory and open the LPC folder. Delete the files in this folder. You will most likely find manifest files and a few ff files. Once he's done this, he could then open the Blizzard launcher and click the verify game option. This might solve his issue.

These are the top options I found for this intro video crashing issue. It fixed the issue for many people. I would first try to run the game in medium settings because it's the easiest of these steps.

he's not that good with computers lol. he managed to get a rep from activision on the phone and he sent a video of the problem and is going to try and get on the phone again with them. i will forward the info thank you

4 hours ago, kampfer5191 said:

he's not that good with computers lol. he managed to get a rep from activision on the phone and he sent a video of the problem and is going to try and get on the phone again with them. i will forward the info thank you

Welcome. That's his easiest option if he's not computer savvy, to just wait for the creators to patch the game or guide him through the troubleshooting steps needed to get the game up and running. Shouldn't take them that long since it's a known issue experienced by thousands of people. Since he's not good with computers, this is most likely the reason why you are able to play the game and he is not able to play the game. He may have things running in the background of his computer. He may need to try to roll back to the video driver that you are using to play the game. 

If he wants to contact Activision online, here is the link to do so... https://support.activision.com/Contact_Us

Best of luck to him getting the game up and running.

i did have him try to roll back to 411.70 like i am using, man i forgot a lot of info. we were screen sharing on discord for like 3 hrs the other night. he's at work yet and i'll try to walk him through more things you posted