Fan Placement for My Corsair 400c Build!

Hi,

I had a buddy help build my computer but didn't do anything about the fans and my case gets really really hot. I have the Corsair 400c case. I have the two stick fans that came with it and this fan that is on my CPU. I'm looking to add more fans and to fix this issue because my GPU gets really hot and seems like the air it blows out is blowing out on my power supply sheild plastic thing. I would like to know the exact fans I would need to get and the best setup for me. Like the name and model of the fans and how many in the front, back or top for my case. I have two random fans added in scratched from another case one is on top and one is on front and they are crap. imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8

15394053883443786327614699183518.jpg

15394054079071567409630763153612.jpg

15394054301113516067056403798218.jpg

The angle of the photo makes it hard to tell which direction the bottom fan is facing.

The graphics card fans blow upwards and not down on the psu shroud. What are your specs and temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There I fixed the photos I don't know about push or pull stuff or anything I'm a beginner.

It looks like the bottom fan is currently and exhaust and not facing the direction as the other 2 case fans. You should flip it to intake instead. 

open-grille.png

What are your specs and temps?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You can use the Edit button for adding more info without having to make another post. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It looks like the bottom fan is currently and exhaust and not facing the direction as the other 2 case fans. You should flip it to intake instead. 

open-grille.png

What are your specs and temps?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You can use the Edit button for adding more info without having to make another post. 

My specs are Intel i7000k CPU

Msi gaming 1080ti

32 gb ddr4

Gigabyte ga-z270x ultra gaming motherboard

Corsair rm750x for the power supply

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (RR-212E-20PK-R2) CPU Cooler with PWM Fan, Four Direct Contact Heat Pipes

Do you need more than that. I want to keep the two stick fans that came with the case but want to get good ones to add to the front or the top of both, I don't know which way they should face and what exact type in my case I should get with my build

2 minutes ago, Conrad383 said:

Do you need more than that. I want to keep the two stick fans that came with the case but want to get good ones to add to the front or the top of both, I don't know which way they should face and what exact type in my case I should get with my build

You should have front intake and rear exhaust. Flip the bottom front fan to intake and you should be fine.

What are your temps? You're saying it's hot but we're not entirely sure what that means. 

4 hours ago, Conrad383 said:

My specs are Intel i7000k CPU

Msi gaming 1080ti

32 gb ddr4

Gigabyte ga-z270x ultra gaming motherboard

Corsair rm750x for the power supply

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (RR-212E-20PK-R2) CPU Cooler with PWM Fan, Four Direct Contact Heat Pipes

Do you mean i7-7700K? Are you running that on stock clocks? If so, you should set manual/adaptive voltage. 7700K (and 8700K) are hot CPUs and 212 Evo is budget cooler at best. Not optimal setup, but not anything to worry about either. It just needs voltages to be controlled and everything is fine. But if you ever want to OC, you need beefier cooler.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 10/13/2018 at 6:17 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Do you mean i7-7700K? Are you running that on stock clocks? If so, you should set manual/adaptive voltage. 7700K (and 8700K) are hot CPUs and 212 Evo is budget cooler at best. Not optimal setup, but not anything to worry about either. It just needs voltages to be controlled and everything is fine. But if you ever want to OC, you need beefier cooler.

Running it on stock clocks.

On 10/13/2018 at 2:13 AM, WoodenMarker said:

You should have front intake and rear exhaust. Flip the bottom front fan to intake and you should be fine.

What are your temps? You're saying it's hot but we're not entirely sure what that means. 

What fans should I buy and the grahpics card in the first picture blows start into the power supply protected case around it

6 minutes ago, Conrad383 said:

What fans should I buy and the grahpics card in the first picture blows start into the power supply protected case around it

As I've mentioned already, the graphics card fans pull air into and and not the other way around.

Spoiler

3573246899fb475e450fbe40759bbaf7.png&key

What are your load temps? You can run stress tests and monitor temps with programs like OCCT, Unigine Valley, and HWMonitor.

6 minutes ago, Conrad383 said:

Running it on stock clocks.

Set manual/adaptive voltage. 1.15V-1.2V is enough. Its prbably using 1.29-1.32V right now which is good for decent OC, but overexcessive for stock clocks.

5 minutes ago, Conrad383 said:

GPU fans are blowing towards GPU PCB always.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Set manual/adaptive voltage. 1.15V-1.2V is enough. Its prbably using 1.29-1.32V right now which is good for decent OC, but overexcessive for stock clocks.

GPU fans are blowing towards GPU PCB always.

Do you think I should get a different CPU cooler? I don't want something expensive. I don't know how to do that. My CPU never gets hot, only my GPU does. I need to know how many fans should I have in my case which way they should be positioned and the type of case fans 

14 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

As I've mentioned already, the graphics card fans pull air into and and not the other way around.

Reveal hidden contents

3573246899fb475e450fbe40759bbaf7.png&key

What are your load temps? You can run stress tests and monitor temps with programs like OCCT, Unigine Valley, and HWMonitor.

The graphics card is blowing straight into this I'll post a picture. 

15396321095216983840377021340200.jpg

3 minutes ago, Conrad383 said:

My CPU never gets hot, only my GPU does.

What do you mean by hot? What are your temps?

2 minutes ago, Conrad383 said:

The graphics card is blowing straight into this I'll post a picture. 

No, the fans blow upwards unless it's been modded to blow the other way.

12 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

When I stick my hand under it I feel air being blow down why's that

19 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Do you have a discord or a voice chat app I can talk to you in and try to get my questioned answered over the phone or something. I'm kind of slow and it's hard for me to type out what I want to say.

1 hour ago, Conrad383 said:

Do you think I should get a different CPU cooler? I don't want something expensive. I don't know how to do that. My CPU never gets hot, only my GPU does. I need to know how many fans should I have in my case which way they should be positioned and the type of case fans 

Can you post actual temps you are getting? PSU shrouds are kinda bad for case airflow. Removing it might lower GPU temps. Also flip that bottom front fan around if you haven't done that already. The top front one is correct way, look at that. You could also move rear fan to front and have that bottom of front fans at rear instead. It looks like old LED fan and those are worse in performance than regular case fans.

I would recommend trying out with what you have now rather than getting anything better. Certainly not GPU cooler as it seems like this basic setup is already proving bit out of your skill level.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Can you post actual temps you are getting? PSU shrouds are kinda bad for case airflow. Removing it might lower GPU temps. Also flip that bottom front fan around if you haven't done that already. The top front one is correct way, look at that. You could also move rear fan to front and have that bottom of front fans at rear instead. It looks like old LED fan and those are worse in performance than regular case fans.

I would recommend trying out with what you have now rather than getting anything better. Certainly not GPU cooler as it seems like this basic setup is already proving bit out of your skill level.

Do you have discord or something I could talk to rather than going back and fourth

1 hour ago, Conrad383 said:

Do you have discord or something I could talk to rather than going back and fourth

I do. PM if you really want it. But be warned, my spoken English is worse than written atm as I don't use it daily.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv