Issue with lighting fans on new case

XJordan

Hi! Upon receiving my new Cooler Master MB530P case, I immediately went to switch the components over.  At the final step, plugging in the fans and getting them to light up and spin, I realize, The fans dont light up.  The splitter cable is only a 3 pin, which my mother board has one, but only as an additional for light strips etc.  What do I do? The manual has pictures of something that looks like a dongle for 3 to 4 pin connector, but I did not recieve one.  Also, the power button is supposed to light up around it, and it does not, with no other cables laying around.  Any suggestions?

well your power led front panel connector is probably backwards if it doesn't light up

as for the fans you can plug a 4 pin fan into a 3 pin connector

Can you find out the name of that “dongle”? Google It up and see if you can buy it

1 minute ago, emosun said:

well your power led front panel connector is probably backwards if it doesn't light up

as for the fans you can plug a 4 pin fan into a 3 pin connector

The cables are not long enough.  The female part of the cable has 3 pins, which I cannot plug into a 4 pin connector without breaking one of the pins, which I don't fancy doing.